• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Slave training by Eddi

Swissgreys

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Dear Fellow Forum Piggies.
I thought it was time to write a reminder about the importance of ongoing slave training.

If you have had your slaves for a while it is very important not to become complacent and assume that because your daily needs are being met, that you do not need to continue training your slaves.
Even though it is sometimes hard work, we must remind ourselves that a piggy slave is for life and not just for Christmas.

Over time our slaves may start to occasionally think about other things.
Things that are not us!
Sometimes (when the situation is very serious) they may eventually even have something they refer to as ‘free time’.
If your slaves have 'free time' then they are in urgent need of retraining.

I find a good approach to retraining slaves to think only about us, is to develop some random new and unexplained behaviour.
For example I recently decided to start sleeping in a Primark bag.
Of course I have several lovely beds and nice hideys, but one day my slaves put a Primark bag in my cage (they call it enrichment whatever that means) and so I lay down and went to sleep in it.
The slaves noticed and made a big fuss about how sweet I was sleeping in my brown paper bag.
So I stayed in the bag, and when they took it away I wandered around and looked a bit lost.
So they replaced the bag, and then their training was complete - now they make sure I always have a fresh Primark bag, plus they talk about it all the time.
'Eddi’s asleep in his Primark bag again' (they never said that when I was asleep in a regular bed).
'I wonder why Eddi only wants to sleep in a manky old paper bag?’
'I hear rustling - Eddi is coming out of his Primark bag'
'Do you think Eddi is ok?’

And so on.
And thus my slaves have now been retrained to think about me all the time.

I look forward to hearing all of your similar success stories.
As a guinea pig who is fully commited to his slaves, I am always on the lookout for new behaviours to confuse my them and bring their attention back to me.

Love Eddi

IMG_1473.png

Jess and Rupert say they have their slave incredibly well trained (or guilt ridden!) as cage right next to kitchen, so make as much noise as possible to let her know we're starved when she walks past! Even when we have a lovely pile of veg in the cage at the time!
We need to make sure we're well stocked and certainly let her know about it :)

Hi Eddi!
The PigglePuggle herd have our slaves very well trained because they store stuff called "wine" and "beer" in our room. They seem to like to fetch this stuff after they think we've gone to bed so we always watch out for them and ambush them with crazy wheeking that brings extra snacks.
We used to be scared of "wine" because it makes a scary "pop" sound but now we know the wine pop sound means our piggy mummy will soon start losing the plot and talking to us in a silly voice and being indiscriminate with the salad portions.
We would encourage all piggies to store some of this "wine" and "beer" stuff in their bedrooms to get extra late night snacks! If your slaves don't drink these strange things in the noisy bottles (much louder than our water bottle rattlings!) we've heard that some slaves eat some strange substance called "chocolate" which is also attractive enough to lure them into the piggy room after dark.
Good luck with the slave training Eddi!
Love from Piggle, Puggle, Blodwen, Theo, Clover and Jezzy floof x

Hi Eddi
I have my slave very well trained. Every time she wants to pick me up I run away as quickly as I can as many times as I think I can get away with while my slave calls me all sorts of lovely names cos she thinks that'll make me let her pick me up. Then, when I get bored of "catch me if you can" I go and hide in a lovely warm snuggle sack and let her pick me up in the it. Then I get a nice tasty something (usually a dandelion leaf or a couple of pieces of grass) she does this every time. So I get a nice reward for running away. I call that a result!
Lots of love from Velvet

PS I have taught Meg this trick too but she still isn't as good at it as me!

Dear Eddi,
Thank you for your timely reminder that our slaves are here to look after us 24/7 and to answer our every whim. We confess that as our grumpy slave has been doing an ok job for the last few months we had let that aspect of training slip and were just thinking of her as 'entertainment'. For instance, when she comes to takes us out of our nice big 5*3 c&c to clean it, we run away, and as it is too big to reach it all from one place, she has to go round the other side to try again. It's such fun watching her do circuits of the cage, getting all red in the face, while we move just out of reach each time! She probably needs the exercise anyway...
We have also mastered the art of telepathic hypnotism - just yesterday we were able to get the chubby slave to organise Valentine's Day offerings on our behalf for the grumpy one, we felt she needed to know how we feel about her although she had strictly forbidden any valentine's gifts.
Love,
Squeaks, Winifred and Rosemary xx
(Here's a pic of what we gave her)
IMG_20190215_181903519.jpg

Back