• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Sleep tight Alan (the hamster)

Status
Not open for further replies.

helen105281

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Some of you may remember that one of my syrian hamsters Alan was diagnosed with a tumour under his chin a few weeks back. He had started to slow down and we made sure everthing was on the same level for him but last night he got up to get food and his tumour had moved so far to the side that he couldn't walk. His eyes were also shut tight and he was very wobbly. We called the emergency vet who said to bring him in straight away. He was put to sleep at 10 o'clock and passed peacefully in my hands. We love you Alan and were so happy when we were asked to take you in. Have fun at the rainbow bridge with Poppy, Niblett and Harry until we meet again.

137-1.jpg

Photobucketimages5.jpg

113-2.jpg

f0ee523a.jpg

untitled.jpg

I'm so sorry. Alan was gorgeous. And I love the name. Sweet dreams little man. x

Thanks Rachel, I can't take the credit for the name unfortunately, his previous owners named him, they were students who watched Alan Partridge.

Awww poor little Alan, he was a lovely handsome boy. Rest in peace little fella.
Beautiful pics by the way x

Thanks Mrs Wilsoncroft, he was beautiful. There is a wonderful pic we have of him in bed flashing everything he had but I couldn't find it to upload to photobucket.

Maybe you can't take credit for his name but you can for looking after him and being there with him right to the end. I used to have a hamster, Mortimer, and he would always be flashing his (big) bits too! Great little characters.

Aww thanks, his previous owners didn't look after him at all, when we picked him up they hadn't changed his water for days and he was in the tiniest cage. It broke my heart driving home with him and he was istting by his rubbish wheel with his head stooped looking so depressed I nearly cried. We went straight to P@H and got him a bigger temporary cage until we ordered his hamster heaven a few days later.

Big hugs. I'm so glad he got to spend come happy time in your care. x

Goodnight little Alan. :rose

I'm so sorry for your loss.
RIP darling Alan. Run free x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back