• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Sleep tight sweet Maisie

Janey

*Photo Competition Winner*
Reaction score
Well the day finally came today, when I had to say goodbye to my sweet girl Maisie.

I've only known her for the last 15 months of her life and it's been an incredible journey we've taken together. I rescued her and her cage mate, Alice, last May and I really did feel that I was rescuing them too. Sadly right from day one with me, Maisie came with medical issues, that despite my best efforts, were never resolved. We've spent quite a bit of time at the vets during her time with me and I don't regret one visit. I so wanted to 'fix' her and for her to live a happy, healthy life with me.

Medical problems aside she was the sweetest piggy and so laid back too! She's never been big on zooming or popcorning, although I did have the privilege of seeing her popcorn a few times, which was so wonderful to see! She generally loved her food as was always the first to try anything new - she showed Alice that lots of things were good to eat. I took Maisie to see my Mum shortly before she died - she absolutely loved her and Maisie was good as gold, sitting still and quietly chubbing whilst Mum gently stroked her. I have a lovely video of that visit too that I will always cherish.

She's been really struggling with holding her weight for quite a long time now, and her appetite has decreased big time over the last few days. She's been spoilt with whatever she wanted to eat during these last few weeks, as I knew our time was limited. Today however, she just wasn't interested in anything - not even her beloved baby corn. Back and forth to the fridge I went offering this and that - nope, not interested. She didn't even want her CC which she used to love. She just sat there and looked tired, and all hunched up; I thought, 'it's time to let you go sweetheart, I can't hold on to you for me, it's not right'. I made an appointment at the vets, hoping she'd tell me I was wrong, and to try something else. But she didn't. So I had to say goodbye to my darling girl. I am missing her already - sleep tight little Maisie, mummy loves you always x

IMG_0015.jpg

My heart sank when I saw this title @Janey. I’m so very sorry. You’ve been called upon to make that most heartbreaking of decisions, but you loved your girl enough to let her go. That’s tough. Hugest hugs to you. Popcorn free beautiful Maisie.

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I’m feeling heartbroken today and guilty too. I know it was the right decision, but it’s not helping much right now. This is the worst part of loving our piggies.

I'm so sorry Janey, that video, will be so precious.
Sleep tight little Maisie x
You did the right thing before she got in pain or died a painful death. She knew you loved her.

Sorry for the loss of your beloved piggy. RIP little lady.💔

So sorry to hear this news.
Remember that grieving takes time and be gentle with yourself.
You gave Maisie a wonderful quality of life for the last 15 months and that is something to hold onto

So sorry for your loss. I know how hard the pain is. Your clearly loved her very much and filled the last year of her life with happiness.
Sending hugs.
Sleep tight little Maisie.xx

I’ve just seen this thread and I too want to say how sorry I am to hear you’ve had to let little Maisie go.
Sleep tight little one
Huge hugs :luv:

Wonderful tribute to Maisie.I'm so sorry for your loss.you gave unconditional love,and enabled a selfless act to end Maisies suffering.
Sweet Dreams Maisie.:hug::hug:

Last edited:
You made the hardest and kindest decision for your Piggie and my heart is sad for you.
You made a vid of visit and trust me you will in time watch it and smile.
Be brave and proud.
RIP Maisie. x

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful little lady. She had a wonderful life with you and was so very loved. PTS is often the last act of love we can make for our little ones, you helped her when she needed you the most. Huge hugs to you x

Sleep well little one

RIP Maisie
x x

Back