• Saturday 8th August 8pm-10:30pm is the Forum Summer PRIDE virtual event! Everyone is welcome so please come along and join in the party!! More details HERE

Sleep Tight Tommy Tomster

EllsB3lls

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Been a very emotional day, had to make the decision to allow my gorgeous Tommy to be put to sleep. He's always been the snuggliest of our piggies but his health has not been the best recently, he's had a few eye infections, he hurt his back and had been losing weight. Looks like he decided today that enough was enough, was scary to hold him limp in my arms, the vet did everything they could but it was kinder to say good bye than to put his little body though anymore.

Sleep tight little one, Tinker and Tiny are a little lost without you but I'll look after them xx

20200720_194834.jpg

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Been a very emotional day, had to make the decision to allow my gorgeous Tommy to be put to sleep. He's always been the snuggliest of our piggies but his health has not been the best recently, he's had a few eye infections, he hurt his back and had been losing weight. Looks like he decided today that enough was enough, was scary to hold him limp in my arms, the vet did everything they could but it was kinder to say good bye than to put his little body though anymore.

Sleep tight little one, Tinker and Tiny are a little lost without you but I'll look after them xx

View attachment 149706
I am so sorry for your loss; you have done absolutely the right thing and have been the most loving of piggy mums that Tommy could have found right to the end. He will always live on in your heart; he looks like his nest in there is pretty large and filled with precious memories!

You may find these guides here helpful in the coming days and weeks:
Looking After a Bereaved Guinea Pig
Human Bereavement: Grieving, Coping and Support Links for Guinea Pig Owners and Their Children

Roselina

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’m so sorry EllsB3lls - what a lovely boy Tommy was. Look after yourself and remember the lovely memories you have of your little white bundle. Sending a BIG hug

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I’m so sorry you’ve lost your beautiful boy Tommy x
Sleep tight little man 🌈

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am so very sorry, it is a horrible choice to make but one we make with the love for them at the forefront of all. Huge hugs and so sorry for your loss x x

sleep well little one

RIP Tommy
x x