• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Sleep Tight Twinkle......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandy Pandy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Earlier today I had to help my little lady on her journey over the rainbow bridge. She has been through so much in her 6 years and when her companion died this time last year I thought she wouldn't be far behind. She proved us all wrong and it was the making of her. People always said they wanted to come back as my pet.......she ruled the house! Over the last few days she's been sniffly and despite starting her on meds they made no difference and she got worse and stopped eating and drinking yesterday, even her favourite grass, as it was taking all her efforts just to breathe. I never thought when she came " on a 2 week holiday" 5 years ago she would make she an impact on my life and that I'd love her as much as I did. I am truly devastated and feel so lost. I won't be having anymore....which is sad, but a decision I took a long time ago. Does anyone know anywhere in the Lichfield area who would appreciate all her stuff....and boy did she have stuff! Cages, c&c cage, playpen, dry nites, fleeces, cuddle cups, dried food, hay, treats......I would like to help some other piggies in her memory if I can . Night night Twinkle......sleep tight! Xx

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am ever so sorry that you have lost your gorgeous feisty lady! Sadly, older piggies can go downhill very quickly, but you have given her a very happy, fulfilled life.

RIP Twinkle

PS: You could contact either RSPCA Walsall, The Potteries Guinea Pig Rescue in Kidsgrove or Honeybunnies near junction M1/M69 whether they are interested. Or perhaps one of our more local members may want to meet you to collect for TEAS sanctuary (who cares for especially dental guinea pigs) whose open day is in three weeks? @sport_billy
https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/pages/guinea-pig-rescue-locator/

That's a very sad loss for you, and what a special piggy she was.
I'm sorry to read of this.

You are very kind for offering your piggy's belongings, and I hope they find a good home.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's obvious she's left a large guinea pig shaped hole in your heart :( Sleep tight little one.

What a fantastic gesture that you are wanting to 'rehome' her things to a good cause.

I am ever so sorry that you have lost your gorgeous feisty lady! Sadly, older piggies can go downhill very quickly, but you have given her a very happy, fulfilled life.

RIP Twinkle

PS: You could contact either RSPCA Walsall, The Potteries Guinea Pig Rescue in Kidsgrove or Honeybunnies near junction M1/M69 whether they are interested. Or perhaps one of our more local members may want to meet you to collect for TEAS sanctuary (who cares for especially dental guinea pigs) whose open day is in three weeks? @sport_billy
https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/pages/guinea-pig-rescue-locator/
Thank you......I will contact them.

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful little girl. They are a huge part of our lives and are part of our family, nothing can ever prepare you for losing them. She was truely loved in life and had a great home with you, hold onto that in these sad times. Massive hugs

RIP Twinkle
x x

So sorry for your loss. It sounds as though Twinkle had a very happy life with you. How heartwarmingly generous you are to offer her things for another lucky piggy.

Sleep well, Twinkle x

So sorry for you loss, sending :( (((HUGS))) at this very difficult time.

Popcorn happily at the Rainbow Bridge Twinkle x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back