• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Sleep well, my angel - Buddy

MishImpossible

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Early this morning at 4am our beautiful baby Buddy died in my arms. He wasn't the most outgoing of pigs, but he was the silent beautiful one. We often joked that he could be a guinea pig model if there were such a thing. Every morning he would greet us on his hind legs with his "foldaway arms" and wheek if anyone so much as looked at a plastic bag. He would know when my husband had come home, even before he even walked through the door. I'm going to miss his sweet face, his David Boreanaz hair and his wee ginger bum.
My husband's sister died when she was 15 and we always like to think that she's looking after our boys that have gone over the years. I hope we are all reunited one day.
IMG_3260.jpgreceived_3073470452683959.JPG20200307_141720.JPGIMG_5714.JPG

So sorry for your loss. I have just read your other thread where you said that you blame yourselves for his passing over the Rainbow Bridge. It is all part of the grieving process to try and find a reason when something tragic happens. You looked after Buddy as best you could and showed him lots of love. Guinea pigs live for today and you gave him lots of happy todays and that is all a Piggy needs and wants. He knew he was loved right to the end. Be gentle on yourselves as you grieve. We are here for you. We all know what it's like losing a Piggy. For such a small animal they creep into your heart.

I’m so sorry for your loss what a gorgeous piggy Buddy was.

may he have a wheeking time over the rainbow 🌈 bridge.

I’m sorry to hear you have lost the beautiful Buddy - those are gorgeous photos -
Our guinea pigs are not with us for long in human years but they sure leave a big hole in our hearts .
You gave him the happiest of days and he knew he was loved and looked after - take care of yourself and your family x x

I actually have been playing a lot of Animal Crossing during lockdown and made a little memorial of him in game since it looks likely we won't be able to drive to my parents to bury him as Aberdeen has been locked down due to a surge in COVID-19 cases. We're only allowed to drive 5 miles for non-business purposes so I'm probably going to have to call the vet on Monday to see if they can cremate him. It's a bit lame, I know but this game has actually been a godsend during these trying times, even more so today.
IMG_4712.JPG

I actually have been playing a lot of Animal Crossing during lockdown and made a little memorial of him in game since it looks likely we won't be able to drive to my parents to bury him as Aberdeen has been locked down due to a surge in COVID-19 cases. We're only allowed to drive 5 miles for non-business purposes so I'm probably going to have to call the vet on Monday to see if they can cremate him. It's a bit lame, I know but this game has actually been a godsend during these trying times, even more so today.
View attachment 150508
[/QUOT

What a lovely memorial you have made for Buddy.
So sorry for your loss.
They do occupy a huge space in our hearts and the loss is painful.
Grief cannot be rushed so be patient and gentle with yourself

View attachment 150508
Hey whatever gives you comfort - we hurt in all different ways - covid -19 has caused lots of problems - there are separate pet cremation people - who would take care of little Buddy and return him to you. Take care of yourself

I am so sorry that you’ve lost such a handsome and loving chap. Go gently with yourself as you grieve. Sleep tight little one xx

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful piggy. Massive hugs to you at this very sad time please be kind to yourself.
RIP buddy

Sleep well little one

RIP Buddy
x x

Back