Sleeping Bags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizzy776

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Are these worth getting?

I have seen lots of different types of fleecy sleeping bags to buy online and I'm wondering if they would be good when holding the guinea pigs? We 've only had our piggies for just over 2 weeks. Harris is about 12 weeks old and he's really difficult to pick up, although he is quite bold and will eat out of our hands. When I've tried to lift him he runs about and kicks out with his back legs so for the time being we are just getting to know him whilst in his cage, but to clean the cage I do have to lift him. The times I have managed to get him he's a bit wriggly but doesn't seem overly scared.

I know it's their behavioural instinct to resist being lifted but thought lifting him whilst in a cosy bag might help him feel safe.

Does anyone have any recommendations for sleeping bags (uk)?

Thanks, Lizzy

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
What you are looking for is often also called cuddle cups or cuddle bags here. There is quite a number of people who make them, some as fundraisers for rescues.

Apart from cosies, you can also use a tunnel (firm or fabric), a suitable upturned hidey or a walk-in cardboard box that you place some fresh soft hay in as a pick-up convenience. For transporting my various groups around, I use a wastepaper basket on its side with a cheap bath mat for padding; that way, I can move 2-3 piggies in one go.

In order to make friends with your little boy, you might find this thread here helpful: https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk...stincts-and-speak-piggy-body-language.117031/

Jess

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
If you're after any of those fleece items. There are people who make and sell on Facebook.
Heres a couple I'm aware of
Cavy Couture
Pigs in a blanket
Snoozie Cosies

leffmama

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Can these be washed as normal with household laundry or are washing powders bad for their skin? I'm interested in a couple for Gizzy after seeing some lovely YT videos of fleece set-ups

Veggies Galore

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.