• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Small appetite

Ilovemyguineapigs21

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi! My guinea pig, Willow, she has the smallest appetite out of my guinea pigs and shes also the lightest one. When I give them veggies Willow would always be the least excited and slowest to eat the veggies and I think Willow eats less cause my other 2 would eat most of the veggies, however I dont know because I dont watch them because I give them veggies at night before I sleep and would be finished in the morning. What should i do? And is there a way to boost their appetite?

Hay is the most important part of the diet. Veggies are more of a snack than a meal
If your piggy is eating plenty of hay she will be fine but are you weighing your piggies to ensure they are all gaining weight well? Weighing them is the only way you can know if they are eating enough hay.
Do you scatter feed the veg or have a bowl for each piggy to minimise any food hogging?

Weight - Monitoring and Management

right she eats alot of hay. And yes they all are gaining weight but my other 2 are gaining more than Willow. And i dont use a bowl i scatter feed the veggies.

right she eats alot of hay. And yes they all are gaining weight but my other 2 are gaining more than Willow. And i dont use a bowl i scatter feed the veggies.

As long as she is eating hay and gaining weight, then that’s good. It’s good that you scatter food veg a well as that does help them all get some

Back