• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Small Lumps On Middle Of Abdomen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pets Palace TV

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I was holding one of my guinea pigs Ruby a few days ago and I noticed she has several small lumps down the middle of her abdomen, does anyone know what this could be? I tried taking a picture but they aren't really visible. Thanks :)

One could be the remains of the umbilical stump - as to the others it is difficult to say without examining Ruby. Guinea pigs can get lumps of differing types many of which are harmless - best to get a vet to check what they are.

If you not mean nipples and the remains of a belly button, these small lumps are likely to be (harmless) fatty lumps. Please have any lumps checked by a vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back