• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Small Poo

Jo83

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello just wondering if anyone can help. George hasn’t been well recently but is now back fighting fit after a week of baytrill ☺️ He is eating normally & seems completely back to his normal active self the only thing that isn’t the same is his poop! It looks normal in consistency, shape & colour but is just small. I’ve checked his weight & he’s not lost any still being a healthy 1.1kg 🤷🏼‍♀️ Anyone with any ideas? His poop was normal size before he got ill & it seems to be the only thing that hasn’t gone back to normal, thanks.

As he isn’t losing weight and everything else about the poop is normal, I wouldn’t be too concerned. Antibiotics mess up their system so itll just take a little time for things to normalise. If he was losing weight and poops were small then I’d be saying to step in but I think at this point I’d monitor his weight

Yes I agree if his weight is fine he may just be reacting to the antibiotic affecting his tummy bacteria, maybe you could try a probiotic? Pro-C and fibreplex are both good and you can buy them from Amazon and piggies usually like the taste, wouldnt do any harm to give him one of these for a few days to help his good gut bacteria recover!

Back