• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

small poops

Ilovemyguineapigs21

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi so i dont know why but my 3 guinea pigs have smaller poops than usual like 1/2 than their normal poops recently and I know thats a sign that theyre not getting enough food but I didnt change theyre diet at all.

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
They need to be eating plenty of hay. I know you are weighing them as per your previous threads so continue to do that and speak to a vet if you are concerned

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi so i dont know why but my 3 guinea pigs have smaller poops than usual like 1/2 than their normal poops recently and I know thats a sign that theyre not getting enough food but I didnt change theyre diet at all.
Hi!

If you have already started a health/illness thread and this is conntected to that, please do not spread your questions over several threads. Not everybody of us is able to see everything and be able to connect the dots, so you won't get more and more haphazard, repeated and general advice that will be less and less efficient as times goes on.

The more you can keep it together in just one thread, the more those who come on later can look up what has been happening and and been recommended before. Please respect that we are all doing this for free in our free time. The more time we have to spend looking up things and merging threads, the less time we have left for supporting you as you would wish to.

Please weigh your guinea pigs once daily at the same time if you have concerns, make sure that they have got plenty of access to fresh water (check whether the bottle is working properly) and to unlimited fresh hay, which is refilled ideally at least twice a day.
If all piggies are losing weight at the same time, then the problem is usually environmental and not illness related.
DO read our information links so you understand better why we recommend something and how it works.
Here is our weight monitoring link. Weighing is one of the most important tools we have in monitoring our piggies' health all live long. Weight - Monitoring and Management