• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Sneezing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Guinea Pig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I had noticed recently, my Lily has been sneezing rather a lot, when eating food (but they did have red peppers yesterday, and it's a strong smell). I was wondering what causes this, all I could really think of, was the Timothy hay they get in the rack? Lily enjoys her Timothy hay, but it doesn't appear to dusty when it's in my hands.
The hutch is spot cleaned (with fleece) twice a day, morning and evening?

I noticed the other post about piggies catching colds from humans, but can they catch colds in the piggie form?

Rather then colds, guinea pigs have u.r.is which are very serious and need antibiotics. This will give you more information.
http://www.guinealynx.info/uri.html
Now I'm worried. :bye:
She only sneezes about 3 times a day, the last few days, she has none of the other symptoms. I will see if she sneezes today, and if she does, I think that I'll have to take her to the vets, to be sure.
Thank you

My guinea pig had mites and when i took her to the vet for second check up she listened to her chest and said it was rattly. I had her in an indoor run beside me and had been off work for two days (so around her all the time) and I heard her sneeze once! But she had a uri. The only other symptom I noticed was she was a little quieter. She came out to eat food and hay but didn't do as much exploring or running around as she had been.

My piggies sneeze a few times each, i just keep checking them for any symptoms around the eyes and nose but they are fine. Some might just sneeze like humans! They can get dust up their nose if out for a run or anything. i would only worry if they show other symptoms, and also listening to their chest is good like piggyfan said

I posted about this a while ago and got some helpful suggestions. MY piggy sneezes when she's eating and someone suggested it was because she was eating too fast. I kept an eye on her and she appeared to only sneeze when eating, so i've put it down to that and not been too worried. I still keep an eye on her weight, and any other symptoms but someone who commented on that thread may be able to help more :)

My lacey sneezes when eating veg ive always thought it was eating too fast before the oyhers can get it shes greedy but is 2 and has been doing this since I got her at 2 months old

My lacey sneezes when eating veg ive always thought it was eating too fast before the oyhers can get it shes greedy but is 2 and has been doing this since I got her at 2 months old
Not seen my pigs sneeze for about 3-4 days now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back