• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Snowball 08/04/09 - 20/06/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Critter

Reaction score
Snowball passed away yesterday after a brief chest infection, from which she was receiving treatment and appeared to be recovering.
She was spritely and enthusiastic right until the day she left for the Bridge. At 6 years old it could well have simply been her time to go.

Snowball started life with another devoted human slave as the baby of two pet shop 'sows' where one turned out to be a boar.. Her previous human Mum had Snowball's Dad neutered, and she spent a good few years happily living with her birth Mum and Dad as a lovely family unit, until her parents died.
Snowball and her human Mum had a wonderful bond, and it was with a very heavy heart that her first Mum had to give her up due to a forced house move. Her first Mum sent Snowball a cuddly toy with her scent on for the first Christmas, and Snowball sniffed and nuzzled it for some time. The two of them had a lovely bond, and she could clearly remember her first loving human-Mum.

Snowball came to me, at the age of 4 1/2. She had a turbulent time bonding with the other sows, but then lived with them happily for a year, until she became unhappy with them and then completely stressed out by their presence, and so I removed her from the group. Her last cage mate was a wonderful husboar (Freddie), who clearly loved her, and is now rather quiet with out her.

She was healthy throughout her life, as far as I know never having to visit the vet until her chest infection, and even then it hardly slowed her down.

I can console myself that she was loved from start to finish and that she had longer with her birth parents than most piggies do.

Snowball was intelligent and very much people-friendly. She was relaxed yet enthusiastic. I nick-named her piggy-lips, as to me she had such cute ones (I know they all do)

I have let her first human-Mum know, and she is upset too, I know she is sending Snowball some love-vibes up to the Bridge.

Sweet Snowball Piggy-lips, you will always have a special place in both (Human mums) of our hearts. Run free, go and find your lovely birth Mother Rosie at the Bridge, she will be delighted to be with you again. Run free sweet-heart.

P1120238.JPG

P1100989v1.jpg

P1100978.JPG

P1110535.JPG

P1110721.JPG

P1120412.JPG

Some really wonderful photos of the lovely Snowball. Always so sad when they go, but Snowball had a long & happy life.

So sorry to hear this. I know it's a consolation that she was loved all through her life - but it still hurts when they go. Popcorn free Snowball.

What a lovely tribute. I'm so sorry for your loss :( she clearly had so much love throughout her life! Sweet dreams, Snowball x x x

Very very sad to hear this. So sorry for your loss. Pop-corn free, you big white beauty :soz::(:bye: You have left many broken hearts.

So sorry to hear Snowball has passed over the Bridge Critter. Love and hugs to you and Freddie. RIP gorgeous girl.

Awww she reached a grand age didn't she.

And it sounds like she had a lot of love and fun in her life.

What a beauty as well.

Snowball, if you can find them, Marmalade and Freddie will look after you over the bridge.

Fabulous tribute to a piggy who clearly had the most loving homes. Heartbreaking that she's gone to the Bridge but she sounds to have had the best life. So sorry for your loss. Popcorn free old girl xx

A really beautiful tribute to your gorgeous girl, it sounds like she had the most amazing life with you and will stay in your heart forever.

Massive hugs to you matey x

RIP Snowball
x x

Oh I'm so sorry you have lost Snowball critter, She was a beautiful girl and a real character.Sweet dreams Snowball x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back