• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

'Snuffely' breathing could it be his bedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gothchick1515

For the last few nights zubin has been making a sort of Snuffle noise when at night when hes breathing, seeing as hes only in the cage at night could it be his bedding. I've made a vets appointment but I was wondering if anyone else found there bedding (I use woodshavings) causes 'Snuffly' Breathing? Hes healthy in every other way so I cant thing what it could be :-\

I bet the bedding is the reason why he is 'snuffely'. When my pigs were on Woodshavings ages back, they all got snuffely and sneezy and so I switched them to vet bed after I learned how bad Wood shavings is and now, I have never hear them be 'snuffely' since.

It's the dust from Wood shavings that is causing it probably.

Livie

x

[color]Prhaps consir using an altrnativ bing.

a th Mmbrs viws on ach bing. It might hlp you ci which is bst for your piggis :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree to a certain point that it may be the dust from the woodshavings, but woodshavings isn't all that bad, it's only the really dusty sort that can cause problems.

I have always used shavings in throughtout all the time I've had piggies

Kelly and piggies xx

That Vet bed seems exspensive but i will try and get hold of some is there any pet shops that sell it?

I started a thread called "coughing". Dr coughs a lot and I wondered if it was his shavings. The problem is he still coughs even if he's in the run or on grass. I guess he really should give up smoking . . .

Hehe aww, He doesnt cough or Snuffle when hes out its just when hes in his cage :S

The compressed type from pets at home? I'm ordering some vet bed to try soon hope it solves the problem! x

i use vetbeds its slightly expensive at the begining but remember once you have them you dont need to buy anymore. They wash up very well and dry quickly air dry or tumble dry. I starte doff with woodshaving then i changed to towels and megazorb which was veyrvery good but too far to get it. The swapped the megazorb to vetbeds. Havent looked back.

I will definatly order some soon then, do the guineas pick at it at all isn't it a bit fleecey? x

Mine dont pick at it. You can get 1 inch or the one i have is 2.5 inch thick. i have got both but the flooring of the hutch and run is withthe 2.5 inch stuff.

Can you only get it online or do pet shops sell it my local pet shop is pets at home and i dont think i've seen it in there at all?
I will definatly try itx

I saw some at a gardencentre/petstore. Its probably cheaper to get online such as eBay though.

I've just got some on ebay. If you look now there is someone selling ten sets of it.

My mum is ordering it tonight yay! hope this makes him better at night and maybe make him wheek! xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back