• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Snugglesafe heat pad

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hils78

I have just purchased one of these so I thought I'l log my progress with it on here. Well its arrived & is different to what I had imagined. I expected it to be a kind of hard rubber material but its hard plastic. I want to heat it up now but it wouldn't keep warm all through the night!
It has a funky beige cover with balck paw prints on. I'm going to experiment with positioning etc.

H78

I got a couple about a week ago. I tried it out by heating it up and putting it in my bed with me - it did stay warm all night!

I was also expecting something rubbery and was shocked when I saw what they were really like.

I bought one of these recently and have been experimenting with it. I placed it under an offcut of vetbed and placed it in one of my piggy's wigwam/shelter. He immediately sat on it and didn't come out for ages!

As another experiment, I merely placed the heat pad on the floor of their hutch and the boys totally ignored it.

THerefore, i think if it is placed under some sort of bedding, they will be drawn to the heat. I think the solid hardness of the heatpad, despite it having its own fleece cover, puts them off.

The heat seems to last a good 4-5 hours.

Well the first night I took it to my sisters where the 2 new boy rescues are and put it under a new pile of hay. These 2 boys are really skittish but when we went to check them 15 mins later they were both parked well & truely on it (they had moved the hay) and didn't even attempt to move when I stroked them!

The next morning my sister said that she had to nudge on of them off it to take it out.
Since introducing this for just one night they have started eating from my hand (I live v clsoe to my sis) and didn't panic when I went to put the Snuggle safe back in last night. I think they have realised that '2legs' aren't that bad. Just waiting for todays up date because I didn't go round this morning.

Where did you by your Snugglesafe pads from would like to get a couple for my babies?

Would be wary of using those unless you can keep a close eye on them. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back