• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

So... Kinda A Weird Question But...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WafflesCupcakes

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Can guinea pigs eat those dog thoothbrush treats? Because I was watching a video on YouTube about guinea pigs food and they gave their pigs a dog toothbrush (like greenies but the other brand). And I was questioning if that was good for them. What do you think? Because if it's okay to give them those that would be useful since my dog hates them.

I'd be very wary. If in doubt, don't give them your piggies. Do you know the ingredients?

I'd be very wary. If in doubt, don't give them your piggies. Do you know the ingredients?
Just checked, they are made of "all natural vegetables with no preservatives, wheat, gluten or chemicals. Totally edible!"

Reactions: Tim
I wouldn't personally and I only say this because I hate those things. They are called whimzees and have made quite a few dogs sick including my boy. He tried them once and he has a stomach of steel and was very poorly after with continued vomiting and loose stools. I've never touch whimzees again.

Just checked, they are made of "all natural vegetables with no preservatives, wheat, gluten or chemicals. Totally edible!"
What make are they? My boys might be interested:))

I wouldn't personally and I only say this because I hate those things. They are called whimzees and have made quite a few dogs sick including my boy. He tried them once and he has a stomach of steel and was very poorly after with continued vomiting and loose stools. I've never touch whimzees again.
Thank you. I wasn't really planning on giving them to pigs if they make dogs sick. Greenies are way worse. Gave the cat kind to both my cats and they puked for days.

Thanks for that hun :tu: I won't risk it then x

I've never tried greenies but its good to know they have the same effect then I can stay away from them lol

Reactions: Tim
Thank you. I wasn't really planning on giving them to pigs if they make dogs sick. Greenies are way worse. Gave the cat kind to both my cats and they puked for days.
Oh dear :( poor things :soz: x

I just found an old thread on the forum with information on this. I will probably just throw them out. I won't risk it. I don't want another vet bill added. I'll make them a nice piggy salad instead :D

Oh dear :( poor things :soz: x
Yeah, and my oldest cat (7yrs) has bad allergies. She has to have vegan cat food or she'll get really sick. Poor dear doesn't have much fur on her back or tail anymore and is full of bumps from allergies :( she's still an amazing cat though!

Yeah, and my oldest cat (7yrs) has bad allergies. She has to have vegan cat food or she'll get really sick. Poor dear doesn't have much fur on her back or tail anymore and is full of bumps from allergies :( she's still an amazing cat though!
Blimey! Sounds like she has been through the wars! She obviously has a loving owner to cuddle up to :luv:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back