• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

So Sad About The Gorilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this is why I went against the grain and have always used child reins on my kids (because they didn't like holding hands!) at toddler age when out in large public places such as shopping malls, airports, zoo. Many don't agree with them but they don't harm the child, still allow them some freedom to move but help prevent them disappearing into crowds/running off into the sunset in the blink of an eye. Places like parks and so on were of course rein free.

Yes people commented and complained but I didn't care, they were safe that is what mattered most. I preferred to get nasty looks and comments than the panic of my child suddenly missing in a crowded place full of all sorts of hidden dangers. They can vanish from your side in the blink of an eye.

The Gorilla story was a tragic accident but one that can be learned from on all sides. I am also surprised no bystanders stepped in... someone must have seen the kid. There were witnesses reporting him saying he wanted to go into the water in the enclosure before he escaped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back