• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

so sad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
my daughter in law Lisa phoned me earlier to tell me the 2 new baby bunnies she has ( 10 days old) are now mother less , poor mum died this afternoon, she did have the in the shade, but i'm thinking maybe she was dehydrated from feeding the babys, Lisa said the bottle had plenty of water in , so no idea why she died maybe an infection from the birth, she did'nt know she had given birth until yesterday as mum was very stroppy, and she did'nt want to disturb her, but she judged them to be around 10 days old as they were quite big their eyes were still closed but they were quite big, I told her to phone RSPCA and vets to track down a foster mum, hope they survive, damn weather

That is a real shame about the mummy Bunny, have you had any luck with a foster bunny.

Can you hand rear bunnies, I assume it would be the same as kittens and puppies as they have eyes shut too when born,

keep us posted

karen

you can hand rear them but its very hard our bunny rejected her babies she tried to kill them so the vet advised us to hand rear them i had to feed them every 3-4 hours like a baby unfortuantely they didnt survive but they were only a few days old maybe as they are older they will have more of a chance

will find out more later, let you all know as soon as I know, Lisa is not a foster mum sort of person, she was going to ring around for a foster bunnymum, so its a matter of fingers crossed and wait and see,

Oh Michelle that is very sad. Those baby bunnies will be in my thoughts xx

just heard from LIsa she went to the vet it is a 2 minute walk from her and they advised her to feed cat milk, its quite likely they will still die especially in this weather,and they have been trying to find mum, bless them, she is feeding twice a day as advised and I also advised her to drip water, into their mouths on and off during the day as it is so hot, they said last night was critical but lisa said they are still fine this morning and took double the milk,

will speak to LIsa no doubt later on today so fingers crossed alls well, they were fine yesterday, will let you know later :)

spoke to Lisa and the babe buns are both doing really well they are running about, eyes are now open on them both and they take 10ml each, each time she feeds them, the vet said they should go up to 20 ml and eat normal food as well in about 2 weeks time, luckly the vet is about a 2 min walk away, but so far so good, she is determined they will be ok as she loved mum bun and wants a reminder of her with them :)

bad day today not only did one of the baby bunnies the weakest died today but we also lost our beloved dog charlie, what a day read about charlie on Rainbow pets, :'( :'( :'(

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that!
Charlie is in a better place now, not suffering anymore.
I'm sorry for your losses. Your on my mind and big hugs to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back