• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Soft Poo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joanie

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sorry for the gross subject! My piggy started with soft poo last friday (not diarhoea just soft) so i cut back on veg and he was fine for the next 2 days. Yesterday i gave him a cabbage leaf and some red pepper, tonight i gave him some salad leaves, green pepper and some carrot. Hes not poorly hes currently running around my living room floor and hes constantly eating hay. Should i be concerned about the soft poo or should i cut back on veg again? I'm wondering if its the salad leaves upsetting him?

How old is your boy? Older piggies can develop a very tender digestion. I currently have got a 7 year old I can only feed very little veg without her getting bloating or soft poo issues.

I would cut back on on the veg again until 48 hours after the poos have firmed up again. Then I would re-introduce veg slowly one by one and in small quantities, leaving lettuce, peppers and especially cabbage for last. Fresh herbs like coriander/cilantro, chopped celery, a bit of cucumber or French/green beans might be better to start with.

If the digestive issues continue, it would be good to have him vet checked.

Hes only 1 years old. Ok i will try that i will start with some herbs. I think he started with a poorly tummy coz my husband always gives into his wheaking and sneaks him constant veggie treats! I will see how he goes throughout the week and get him checked if it doesnt clear up. Thanks

Best have a word with your husband re. extra veg and sneaky treats then... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back