• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Soliciting attention

ElleTrixieB13

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I almost melted last night, for the first time one of my rescues, JK, solicited attention and petting from me. I was saying good night to the girls and he came over to the side of the cage as per usual. He made a teeth chattering noise until I paid attention to him and then when I stuck my fingers through and petted him he stayed there clearly enjoying it. As I rubbed around his adorable little ears his eyes partially closed and he was clearly enjoying it. I almost cried I was so happy and am so smitten.

I was worried why he was teeth chattering at me, but I am pretty sure it was that he wanted me to stop paying attention to the girls and say hi to him.

He spent quite alot of cuddle time on my lap the day of his neuter (he didn't bounce back from the procedure/anaesthesia as quickly as Newt), perhaps he's figured out I can make excellent use of my opposable thumbs :)

What a step 😍 One of the girls (the one who doesn’t tend to like being stroked) came up to the side of the cage yesterday and demanded I stroke her. I was so happy I wanted to scream 🥰 Enjoy it and hopefully there’ll be more attention soliciting from him 😌

That’s great! It’s so lovely!
My very shy boy is not fond of me at all, but he has slowly over the last few weeks been taking food from my hand. At first i thought it a fluke, but he is now doing it more regularly. I’ve had them over 18 months so it is about time!

My very shy boy is not fond of me at all, but he has slowly over the last few weeks been taking food from my hand. At first i thought it a fluke, but he is now doing it more regularly. I’ve had them over 18 months so it is about time!

I've been quite lucky on the food from hand side of things, 7/8 will take veggies from my hand if I have "the good stuff". Of course the good stuff varies by piggie! Last night was the first time handing out the veggies in the new C&C cage and it was a bit of chaos as I tired to hand them out. Up next is clicker training them to get into a tube so I don't have to chase them with my big predator hands when it's floor time :)

Back