• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

some idiots letting off fireworks near my sheds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm going to kick ass how dare they do that and scare my babies , you might read about a mad woman in tomorrows sunday papers :D

They're a pain in the backside aren't they. People say to bring animals in but it's not fair to bring them into the warm and then back out in the freezing. Just checked on mine in the shed and they were all OK, sunbathing now under their lamp.

German Shepherd was just squashed between me & hubby though on our tiny sofa. She'll be pacing all evening.

I feel like putting a rocket up some ones a%$e! So many going off at the mo so I think it might be coming tp an end. They have a huge display about a mile away from me. I have just put Patch back in with his brother and was worried about bonding them back together. But they are cuddling up together because of the noise!
My poor dogs have been up and down all night, and we still have tomorrow night to go >:(

I am always in a bad mood around this time of year because of this. At New year just gone Reg & I were going thro a bad patch & he'd walked out (New Years Eve) & gone to Manchester. So I went to bed at 9pm. To be woken a mid night when some idiot had was letting fire works off & I saw one land on my chicken coop. Well I donned on my rigger boots had my nightie on which is a Tshirt of his ,later found out i had it on back to front so it had a triangular road sign accross my chest reading warning ! oh & flowery pj bottoms. I found the house which is on the street at right angle to ours, knocked on the door, to a bloke in his 40's (age to say he should know better) answered & said Happy New Year. My reply "no its f******not your f****** fire works are landing on my chickens. If I need to call the f****** vet tomorrow you're getting the f****** bill. You should be more F****** considerate in shuch a densly populated area & think about the babies who live around here, the animals bla bla bla"
I think he got the message! That house in particular had been letting them off for a few nights previously - was so pleased I found out who it was. These were really loud banger types. The couple in question now cross the road when they see me. >:(
I bet they think of me this New Year!

If you can locate the people letting off random fire works let rip!

Oh H! I cant beilive you did that! You are so tiny, they say the small one's are the worst! But then again you where thinking of your pets, I would do the same, trouble is I wear nothing in bed so they would be in for a shock!

They have been going mad with them here tonight. WhenI was in the bath people were letting them off outside the bathroom window. I thought one was going to come flying through the window. Sooty thinks some of the fireworks are piggies squeaking but Misty and Brandy aren't too impressed. I've managed to get blackout curtains for my room so atleast my room isn't flashing all colours :) My dogs been lying infront of Brandy's cage on the floor since we have't found a table yet to put his cage on. He's scared aswell tho.

Mary said:
Oh H! I cant beilive you did that! You are so tiny, they say the small one's are the worst! But then again you where thinking of your pets, I would do the same, trouble is I wear nothing in bed so they would be in for a shock!
"Hell hath no fury like a woman when her animal is scorned"

I used to be a bouncer! I think it is the size that shocks people really - they usually stand there opened mouthed and say OK!
I've a long line of boxers in my family & I practised Tae Kwon Do for 10 years too. The naked thing could have the same effect, maybe you should try it!.
My sisters car was being broken into one night when she still lived with our parents. My mum heard it & woke my dad up. My sister said she's never seen anythig like it - my dad running onto the street naked with a shot gun >:D It was unloaded of course.

My piggies seem to be ok, I keep going out to check on them. My smallest cat however is petrified hiding behind the settee. I think the piggies are more occupied with the fact that they've been moved around today and have all ended up with bigger hutches! ;D ;D

hils78 said:
I am always in a bad mood around this time of year because of this. At New year just gone Reg & I were going thro a bad patch & he'd walked out (New Years Eve) & gone to Manchester. So I went to bed at 9pm. To be woken a mid night when some idiot had was letting fire works off & I saw one land on my chicken coop. Well I donned on my rigger boots had my nightie on which is a Tshirt of his ,later found out i had it on back to front so it had a triangular road sign accross my chest reading warning ! oh & flowery pj bottoms. I found the house which is on the street at right angle to ours, knocked on the door, to a bloke in his 40's (age to say he should know better) answered & said Happy New Year. My reply "no its f******not your f****** fire works are landing on my chickens. If I need to call the f****** vet tomorrow you're getting the f****** bill. You should be more F****** considerate in shuch a densly populated area & think about the babies who live around here, the animals bla bla bla"
I think he got the message! That house in particular had been letting them off for a few nights previously - was so pleased I found out who it was. These were really loud banger types. The couple in question now cross the road when they see me. >:(
I bet they think of me this New Year!

If you can locate the people letting off random fire works let rip!
Good for you!

Is it me of are the fireworks gettin louder ! felt like i was under seige last night ! >:(

My piggies couldn't care less about them. I have too many pigs to bring them in the house. They might look up or rumble at the odd really loud one but other than that, they don't care. They're just another noise, they don't know to be scared of them :)

Kat

Thankfully my guineas (own and rescues) are all indoors with us and don't seem at all phased by the fireworks outside. I agree though they are an awful nuisance >:(

They have been a real pain round us this year :'( I have no problem with proper organised events, like the one our park does... Its all monitored etc etc and starts and finishes at a certain time - but then you get the little idiots that are still setting them off at past midnight! The girls hate them - makes me jump when i'm in bed and George my cockatiel hates them as well! grrrrrrrrrrr >:(

Hope your piggies ok Michelle.. :)

Trace x

I agree I really do like them at a display. As said at displays you have a set time & its done. Much easier to distract animals with tv & radio etc etc. They were going off till 2am here last night.

A shop here sells big boxes of like 200 and you get a box free. Everyone who lives here has been getting the deals like that and it's like a war zone or something. :-\

Grr I was up half the night. My neighbour decided to have a party last night at 1am. Letting off fireworks right outside our bedroom window when we are in bed and shouting and screaming. Poor piggys were a little unsettled by it too. I was so mad I nearly rang the police!

I think there's a war outside! It's sooo loud here, I hate it :( I've had a headache since 4:30 because of them. They started about 2 when it wasn't even dark..

Hopefully this will be the last of them, but I know it wont be, we'll have them from 3 weeks ago until next year now here.

weve been buring garden waste this eveng & found the waste ground at the rear of our house , theyve arranged to have display, some of my neighbours that is....thoughtfull so & so 's decided to let all the fireworks off outside our garden , not there own >:( i have 3 preggie sows, not long been here & 3 seven week old baby boys......plus my little zoo, lucky my dogs arnt fazed, cats happy to stay in, chins, buns n piggies are a bit worried , but said baby boys are actually peering out there cages to look at the fireworks ::) little monkeys ! but yes its a blooming nusance !
my thoughts to those who have terrified animals :'(

When the fireworks started earlier, our GSD tried to get in a hutch that hubby was altering inside. She climbed over him and got half in. She was so upset and always like this, follows us round everywhere. BUT, good news, for the last 1/2 hour while they've been going off, she's just stayed in her bed behind the sofa, doesn't seem distressed any more atall. I'm hoping (you never know!) that she may have realised they're not going to hurt her.

We have the fountain ones not the rockets, atm all piggies are indoors as the temperature dropped to -2 and it was just too cold for them! they are annoying but we dont have much of a problem here lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back