• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Some People Are So Evil!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coco&Luna

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I feel like i have to rant about this cause i'm so upset and angry.
I've had luna since she was found in a tiny cage dumped in a bin at a dump. When i took her home, she had a badly deformed feet from extremely overgrown nails. She walks on the sides of her ankle on one foot. Was told by the vet she had ovarian cyst, pea eye, cuts on her eye sockets, was malnourished Mites/fungal issues. my vets have fixed all of these issues as best as can be.
However, she also hated to be touched and tries to bite you if you pat her anywhere but her head, she had been making grunting hooty noises alot, crying when she poos and somtimes pees, and constantly has her bum soaked with urine, and was generally an unhappy pig. I have tried to treat these with antibiotics which didnt not work and taken her to the vets several times to no avail. Thanks to @Pebble she encouraged me to take her to the vets for xray on her bladder, kidneys, lungs and heart. This was done today, it turned out that everything was fine in these areas. What the vets found was that Luna has been living with a badly fractured pelvis for got knows how long which has healed displaced because she was not taken to a vet when this person did this to her. She cannot lift her back legs to urinate and this is why she gets a wet bum. and the grunting hooting noise is sounds of pain when she moves and the pain when she pees and poos is because the pressure of pushing pushes on her pelvis. I cant believe someone did this to my little girl, I feel horrified. I don't imagine that when you fracture a guinea pigs pelvis that this does not cause obvious pain that this person must have ignored then dumped her in a bin however later.

I feel like crying everytime i look at her thinking of the **** she has been through in her little life
I always knew things were bad for her, but I cant believe this. She's such a lovely wee person too, I wish I knew who it was. Even the vets were interested in who had owned her before me.
I feel guilty too for how long it's taken me to find out what's wrong :(

looooonnnaaa.jpg
WHO COULD HURT THAT BEAUTFUL WEE PERSON! :(

I know and you have every reason to rant about this. She is a beautiful little girl. How could anyone ever do this to any type of animal. How is she now?

Oh that is just horrific! No wonder she was bitey. Poor girl living with all that pain. Is she getting some sort of pain relief now?

Oh shes gorgeous!

I'm not at all surprised you feel this way. How sickening. Poor girl, shes been through a lot. I'm glad she has you as her loving parent now who obviously cares very much for her. x

Oh thats awful. Poor girl. At least she is with you now and she will have much better care in your hands. Bless her little heart.

You have every right to feel as you do. It is unbelievable how some people treat animals. Luna looks really cosy now in her photo. Has the vet advised you on how to make her manage with her injury. She will need her bedding changed frequently because of restricted movement. I use vet bed cut in small pieces in areas used for toilets. That way you can try and keep the areas as dry as possible by replacing the damp pieces with clean vet bed pieces. Well done for caring for Luna so much .

I am so sorry poor Luna has been through all this. Whoever had her previously deserves to be punished. I hope they lead a miserable life. Poor, sweet little girl. You are a wonderful mum to Luna. Please do not feel guilty as there is no way you could have known what was wrong. You have worked hard to get Luna the best care and have saved her life. Hopefully now you have learned what is wrong she can receive treatment. Please feel proud for giving Luna the best care and love there is.

@Julesie how did you get your avatar to shuffle photos like that? As I now have 2 lots of 2 boys & the twain shall never meet for photos I'd like to be able to display all of them by doing this. Sorry @Coco&Luna to hijack this thread.

Oh that is just horrific! No wonder she was bitey. Poor girl living with all that pain. Is she getting some sort of pain relief now?

Shes on metacam now long term, I've to clean her bum area every day and they want her back at the vets in 10 days to see how things are for her on the metacam.
I was gunna clean her bum tonight, but she's been at the vets from 8:30 this morning until half 7 tonight, so i've just gave her her metacam and put her in her cosy clean cage to let her sleep and ill do it in the morning. I don't want to upset her any more today.

I know and you have every reason to rant about this. She is a beautiful little girl. How could anyone ever do this to any type of animal. How is she now?
She's fine now she was trembling from being in the vets, but she's just up from a wee nap and is now wheeking for supper, so I think she's ok ;) lol

@Julesie how did you get your avatar to shuffle photos like that? As I now have 2 lots of 2 boys & the twain shall never meet for photos I'd like to be able to display all of them by doing this. Sorry @Coco&Luna to hijack this thread.
I made them animated by using photoshop. =)
If you have photoshop you just click 'window then animation' and on the timeline on the right click 'copy frame then paste frame' :)

I'm so very sorry to hear this latest news.

You came on here for advice - you took it.....you got an Xray and you now have a diagnosis. All credit to you and your vet. And actually- (unlike some piggie slaves) at least you now know the cause of Luna's problems/symptoms.

I appreciate the diagnosis has been somewhat gobsmacking (it is to me too!) but it is in no way a reflection on you and your care of Luna....you did the right thing getting the xray

I'm so sorry it hasn;t been better news..and that the news has been such a shock to you.
HOWEVER - You need to be strong for her now as she needs you to help her live a future happy piggie life.

You need to discuss with the vet what care you can give her in the interim that she requires and in order to contribute to her longer term prognosis.
Guinea pigs are very resilient - you will be amazed at how they cope with various deformities/amputations/broken bones rtc
Might be worth putting up a thread in GP Chat for support? Or if you wish, please PM me for a chat on the phone.

You are not alone

Hugs
x

Poor girl, there are some evil pieces of scum in this world unfortunately. At least she is safe now and you know what you are dealing with. I hope the Metacam makes her more comfortable.

Poor girl! At least now you know what is the matter and can discuss long term care and pain management with your vet.

Apart from cleaning her bum area, I would also recommend to switch cosies twice daily, or get a cosy or a pad that you can turn over so she has a dry surface as much as possible.

There are some people I'd really wish that they were reborn a mistreated pet if only this wouldn't perpetuate the vicious circle... :(

I'm so very sorry to hear this latest news.

You came on here for advice - you took it.....you got an Xray and you now have a diagnosis. All credit to you and your vet. And actually- (unlike some piggie slaves) at least you now know the cause of Luna's problems/symptoms.

I appreciate the diagnosis has been somewhat gobsmacking (it is to me too!) but it is in no way a reflection on you and your care of Luna....you did the right thing getting the xray

I'm so sorry it hasn;t been better news..and that the news has been such a shock to you.
HOWEVER - You need to be strong for her now as she needs you to help her live a future happy piggie life.

You need to discuss with the vet what care you can give her in the interim that she requires and in order to contribute to her longer term prognosis.
Guinea pigs are very resilient - you will be amazed at how they cope with various deformities/amputations/broken bones rtc
Might be worth putting up a thread in GP Chat for support? Or if you wish, please PM me for a chat on the phone.

You are not alone

Hugs
x

Thank you so so much for all the help you've given me while I've been tearing my hair out, If it wasn't for your extensive knowledge, advice and encouraging this xray i'd still be sitting here clueless.
I will, I'll discuss this with the vet when shes due back in 10 days.
I'm so so grateful, the world needs more of you x

Your an absolute angel the poor girl! She is very lucky to have found you! Can anything be done to heal her pelvis and reduce her pain surgery wise? Or any other method at all? Just give her comfort and love she will learn to be less bitey and love you. She just needs a while to trust. Well done you though. If you need any fleece beds or absorbent pads for her cage and your looking around to buy some, drop me an inbox ill be happy to offer a discount or even a bogof for your poor little girl. I'm really touched by this.

poor girl. It is a great credit to you that you have persisted in searching for a diagnosis. Life should improve for her on metacam. Even if her life is shortened by the pain killers, it should be a more comfortable life and it is quality that is important.
Gentle huges to Luna xx

Poor girl! At least now you know what is the matter and can discuss long term care and pain management with your vet.

Apart from cleaning her bum area, I would also recommend to switch cosies twice daily, or get a cosy or a pad that you can turn over so she has a dry surface as much as possible.

There are some people I'd really wish that they were reborn a mistreated pet if only this wouldn't perpetuate the vicious circle... :(
I know :(
Yeah, i was thinking that. I change her fleeces in her bed once a day and a full cage clean 3x a week. But i'm definitely gunna take your advice and do it a few times a day from now on.

@worried val of york just looked it up, vet bed is a great idea! thank you! I'm just gunna buy her some just now, I was actually online looking for a wee present to buy her for her for being so brave, so that can be it! lol

Your an absolute angel the poor girl! She is very lucky to have found you! Can anything be done to heal her pelvis and reduce her pain surgery wise? Or any other method at all? Just give her comfort and love she will learn to be less bitey and love you. She just needs a while to trust. Well done you though. If you need any fleece beds or absorbent pads for her cage and your looking around to buy some, drop me an inbox ill be happy to offer a discount or even a bogof for your poor little girl. I'm really touched by this.

the vets said they want to have further discussion with me if the pain medication doesn't help significantly. But I'm hopeful it will. I'm not sure at all what age she is she, but the vets seemed sure shes about 4 now and I'm terrified of her going through GA. I'm hoping this makes a huge difference to her quality of life and she wont need any surgery.
Thank you so much, that's really really kind of you. I might well do that if your sure. x

@Goth Mummy Does metacam shorten life expectancy by much generally? I was worried about that because its going to be long term, but i'll just have to accept that, I just want her to be happy and comfortable for once in her life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back