• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Some questions about fleece liners

Eddie & Elvis

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm going to be switching from vetbed and puppy pads to fleece liners very soon and I have a few questions:

How many times should I wash the fleece before using it?

Is white vinegar necessary when washing them and what exactly does it do?

Is there a way to check if it needs changing? With my current bedding I can lift up the vetbed and see if the puppy pads look like they need changing but as fleece liners have all the layers sewn together I'd expect I won't be able to do that.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Fleece and fleece liners will need to be washed about three times. It may need more though if the water is still pooling on the surface.

White vinegar removes stains and is antibacterial. It can also help in stripping some of the water resistant properties from it.

It may start to smell, look dirty, perhaps not be quite drying well enough. It’ll be a case of just seeing what happens until you know as routine how often to change it.

Thank you 🙂
Is white vinegar used alongside detergent or as a replacement?

You may not need to sew your layers together. I decided to try just lying towels down with fleece on top tucked in around the edges before sewing anything. I wanted to be sure I was happy using fleece before I did anything too time consuming. I’ve decided to just keep layering for now as it works really well!

Back