• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Something On Foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarnivalPiggy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi. I got one of the girls out, Minja, a few minutes ago and noticed something on her foot. Any ideas? It seems she can walk okay, but since she's a prey animal I'm not sure.image.jpg

CarnivalPiggy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sorry, the quality isn't that good. :doh:

It kinda looks similar to the colour of her foot, surrounded by a white ring which feels a little rough. My mum said it looked like a corn, but I didn't think piggies could get those?

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
The picture is not good enough to really say; it looks like a scab or something? Please have it checked by a vet.

CarnivalPiggy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I will find a better camera in a minute. It's 8pm where I am and the only vet open is with a emergency care one, who are not good with 'exotic vets' (I had brought my hamster there -R.I.P Nibble- and they did do not do the right diagnosing we realised after sending him to a different vet later on. Brought Ginny there and they advised to them him muesli as it is good for him:( ).

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
I will find a better camera in a minute. It's 8pm where I am and the only vet open is with a emergency care one, who are not good with 'exotic vets' (I had brought my hamster there -R.I.P Nibble- and they did do not do the right diagnosing we realised after sending him to a different vet later on. Brought Ginny there and they advised to them him muesli as it is good for him:( ).
It is not an emergency; just see the vet when it is convenient for you next week. The foot doesn't look infected or painful. ;)
Here is our UK piggy savvy vet locator: https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/dominance-behaviours-in-guinea-pigs.28949/

CarnivalPiggy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh, that's good. ^_^

I was planning to have all the guineapigs taken to Taverham vets this or next week, so I'm lucky it didn't appear after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.