• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Something on lunas mouth

LunaOreoPigz

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello, i just went outside to check on luna and oreo and luna seems to have a scab looking thing on her upper lip. I will send photos when i can, but i was wondering what it could be?

Only a vet can properly diagnose anything and of course we are only guessing but if it isn’t a piece of food stuck to the lip of a scratch, then another possibility is cheilitis (a lip infection requiring antibiotic treatment).

I’d book a vet appointment who will be able to diagnose and treat. It’s good that she’s still eating and drinking
update, i have googled cheilitis and it looks a lit more extreme on images than what luna has. Could it be the start?

Hi, so I booked an appointment at the vets but luna's lip healed before that so thankfully it was just a small injury from where she was being a clumsy piggy. Forgot to update you but better late than never x

Thank you for the update. Glad that it was nothing serious!

Back