• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Sore's On My 6+ Year Old Female's Lady Parts Any Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkoz

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Our 6+ female has 2 tiny marks which looks like sores to me on her lady parts we have been checking them every few days and only noticed them tonight any ideas what they could be as Iv never seen this sort of thing on any of my piggies before,

IMG_20160920_200816.jpg

Is it possible to post a picture?
This might make it easier to offer advice.
How does she seem within herself?
Eating ok, drinking, normal activity levels?

She's fine in her self, weights normal in fact put on since last week, she seams fine in every way I'm just an over protective mummy

Our 6+ female has 2 tiny marks which looks like sores to me on her lady parts we have been checking them every few days and only noticed them tonight any ideas what they could be as Iv never seen this sort of thing on any of my piggies before,

Hi! Please see a vet if there are sores.

I can't really see any sores as such, but if its the yellow marks is it the start of urine scald? Her hair looks a little yellowish too on the left-or is that a patch of normal coloured hair?
I think if is, she may have a bit of a smelly bum too.
If she was mine I would give her a tepid bum bath &dry her off thoroughly (gentle patting with a soft towel or low heat setting on a hairdryer (one of mine loves the blow dry! :wub:)
Just smear a THIN layer of sudocream on the marks (not in her opening only around it).
This will act as a barrier against the urine &heal/soothe it at the same time.

If she is an older lady maybe check with the vet its not pain or arthritis related &which is making her want to stay in the same position longer &sitting in her urine
It could also be a urine infection/mild cystitis causing her to dribble/leak a little.

Discuss with your vet about painkillers tho as this may make her move around more &not sit in her urine.
If she's in pain she may loose her appetite so keep an eye on any weight fluctuations or reluctance to eat.
If it gets worse or changes significantly (colour,size or shape)definitely book a vets appointment.
Healing vibes. Xx

Last edited:
Iv got an appointment for the morning to get her cheated out but if there is anything I can be doing toning?
The saw is on the left hand side as you look at the picture just at the bottom of her vaginal lips

Due to her age I give her a bottom wash every other day just to be on the safe side as I know she has trouble getting to that area these days, her hair is normaly that colour and it's wet as they have all just had there bath, I'll pop some sudo cream on her now thank you and I'll let you know how we get on in the morning. We know she has bad teeth so maybe she's getting pain from them which is making her not want to move I'll defently get the vet to give her a good going over and bring up all the points
Thank you all again for your help X

Just looks like a bit of crusty poo/wee to me. One of mine occasionally gets a crusty foofoo so I just clean her with a baby wipe and all is well again

Sorry it's a day late yesterday was so manic, ok so we went to the vets and thank God it's nothing serious it's just a urine sore were she has most prob had a very powerful wee & it's been a bit strong & it's burnt her the fact was not there the day befor when I cleaned her & it's already healing all I have to do is just keep cleaning her. I'm so pleased it was nothing serious & thank you all for your help x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back