Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

@Debs111

Reaction score
Hi,
I just want to say sorry...I've been lying to you on here. I used to go on a forum called Rabbits United and knew if I ever said I bought a guinea pig from a pet shop they'd go all up-in-arms at me. Now, some of those members also come on here, so I had to continue the lie on here.
Simba was actually purchased from Wilsons Pets last Monday, he was 9weeks old (10weeks now) and I love him to pieces :D
I'm sorry again and I hope I can start again without any problems :)

S

shez

i brought both of mine from wilson's pet store but since i have joined here have decided if anything happens to my pigs that i would rescue next time. i think everyone has to learn from their mistakes

Billies Mum

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Its brave of you to come clean and I dont mind where Simba came from as long as you love him and take care of him properly.

I'm not anti pet shop but I'm not pro pet shop either.
I believe in peoples right to choose but I respect all opinions on the matter.

sars1359

Reaction score
I bought my first two from P@H sadly,but I wouldnt swap them for the world,at least I saved them from that awful place

@Debs111

Reaction score
Thanks guys, its not really that I'm sorry for buying him because if I turned back time Id do it again, I love him. I'm just sorry for lying :(

Deb

Reaction score
Hi Debs

Aww congrats on your new piggie, am delighted you have one at last to love and cherish.

At the end of the day it doesnt matter where your piggie came from, they all deserve a good home and I know you will give him one.

Hes gorgeous. :)

Deb x

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Exactly. What does it matter? You love your piggie - that's what is important :)

D

DebbieR

Simba is lovely and as long as you love him. It doesn't matter where he came from. :)

H

hils78

I think more 'trying to protect yourself from an ear bashing' is the term you are looking for - not lying!

Abnoba

Reaction score
I had the same problem - I usually get rescue piggies, but fell for Mabel when I saw her in a petshop.

for about half a month I didnt actually mention her at all and didnt post any pictures, because I was afraid of what people would say.

its the same with a few members who had to give piggies of theirs away, and at first they didnt want to say it because they felt afraid that they would be attacked verbally beyond believe - which never happened.

people on here are actually quite understanding.

arent we a silly bunch?

Billies Mum

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
In my somewhat warped opinion, (just my opinion) the pet shop piggies are the ones that would seem to need rescuing.
Its russian roulette for them. Totally hit and miss what kind of care they will receive when they are evenutally bought.

I hold rescues in enormous esteem, I really do. But the piggies there are already receiving tip top care and loving attention. You pretty much can be assured that they are not in any danger.

I can see both sides

<hides under desk>

Abnoba

Reaction score
but isnt it a cycle? *sigh* we need to take the piggies from the rescue, so that they have the space to rescue more piggies. an alot of them are from those petshops - as you said, its hit and miss for the piggies, and the half that was "miss" ends up in the rescue.

so ACTUALLY, you are still rescuing a petshop piggy if you take one from a rescue :P

Billies Mum

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yeah - I can totally buy into that.

But by the time the animal makes it to the rescue it is maybe already damaged in some way poor mite
Oh I dont know

All i am sure of is that there are some greedy and/or cruel people out there who have no respect for animal life whatsoever.
I know what I would like to do to them

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Debs, sometimes we have to withold information until we are more confident about the company we are in. I've done it myself. Nothing for you to worry about :)

Abnoba

Reaction score
@Billies Mum:

but then, couldnt the thought continue:

well if I take the piggy from the petshop, another person could have bought it, and it would have had the 50/50 chance that someone nice would have bought it.

however the rescue piggies already have been badly treated, so wouldnt it be better to take one of them, instead of one of the piggies that havent had a bad life yet and still have the chance to be picked up by someone nice?

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Hey you were uncertain maybe of yourself, now you are, you've told us what's happened, no more to say.
You love your furbaby and that's all that really matters :-*
If we could all have our time again i know we'd do somethings different.
Our two boys came from a pet shop, now i know different. But yes i agree with Abnoba they do need help as many people that buy from pet shops don't bother to do research etc.. or join forums like here and learn more to help their babies.
I commend you for admitting your mistake, now enjoy yourself and hey were all human.

Lets start again, hi Debs111, and welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.