Sow Protecting Her Boar

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizzy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Last night I was in my pig room giving them there night time treats , I had a family group free ranging (hover and his sows )
Hover is a cheeky little man and he stated to run round my feet hoping to get his food first!
So that a didn't trip over him, I gently pushed him to one side with my foot,
Hover was not amused and he ran into a snugle tube laying on the floor,
Adrianoak , one of his sows went over to him , nuzzleD him in a sympathetic way then, the feisty little sow lunged at my foot with
With front teeth fully exposed in an attack mode
now it was me that moved out of the way lol.
seriously , it gave me a bit of a shock , as I have never witness this type of behaviour before :yikes:

Dindypig

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It looks like Adrianoak saw you as a threat to her mate and tried to scare you off. Is she the matriarch of the group? Dindy used to do the same sort of thing if she saw any bullying going off in her group.

Good to hear your voice again Dave.

lauraboara

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I don't think it was you - it was the Evil Foot Monster she was attacking! Good girl for defending her man from foot monsters.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Last night I was in my pig room giving them there night time treats , I had a family group free ranging (hover and his sows )
Hover is a cheeky little man and he stated to run round my feet hoping to get his food first!
So that a didn't trip over him, I gently pushed him to one side with my foot,
Hover was not amused and he ran into a snugle tube laying on the floor,
Adrianoak , one of his sows went over to him , nuzzleD him in a sympathetic way then, the feisty little sow lunged at my foot with
With front teeth fully exposed in an attack mode
now it was me that moved out of the way lol.
seriously , it gave me a bit of a shock , as I have never witness this type of behaviour before :yikes:
I have, although not quite as drastic, but more during a bonding situation when a fragile group member was at risk of being bullied by a newcomer during the hierarchy/dominance sort-out. Terfel for instance was extremely protective of his beloved Taffy.

But my pre-Tribe lady Dizzy was very much in love in with her rescue dated younger (but very skittish) husboar Llewelyn and would not allow me direct contact if she could help it as long as he was so very nervous. She would regularly interpose herself between him and me and give me VERY dirty looks and demonstratively fuss over him when I put him back with her. It was really cute!

Lead piggies of either gender can be very protective of members of their group.

helen105281

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Tim bites our feet when we have to grab Sophie for her heart meds, he's very protective of her and he was with his previous friend Buzz too.

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
Aww sorry but it sounds adorable, obviously not to your poor feet! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.