• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Spot on?

koolkathan

Junior Guinea Pig
Can anyone tell me if this is alright to use? It's recommended for 4 weeks protection. But I would just like some advice on whether it's good or not? And how to use it. It says 25 drops for 1125kg guinea pig?

Attachments

Swissgreys

Forum Buddy
No - if you buy that you will be wasting your money I am afraid.
Most 'medical' products bought from pet shops are ineffective as they simply aren't strong enough to treat a serious infestation.
If you suspect your piggies have an issue with parasites then the best bet is to check with your vet for a proper diagnosis and appropriate treatment..
If they don't have issues then they don't need treatment!

FernEden

Junior Guinea Pig
I use the Beaphar Flystrike Spray on my girls. The active ingredient is still Ivermectin so it's the same as your spot ons but it lasts for 3 months at a time and kills any parasite that might find its way onto your pet! I just use it as a peace of mind thing as it's better to protect your pet than try and sort it out after something has happened!

koolkathan

Junior Guinea Pig
I use the Beaphar Flystrike Spray on my girls. The active ingredient is still Ivermectin so it's the same as your spot ons but it lasts for 3 months at a time and kills any parasite that might find its way onto your pet! I just use it as a peace of mind thing as it's better to protect your pet than try and sort it out after something has happened!
Thats what I thought, so do you think applying the spot on will help protect and be safe? If you get me x'D

FernEden

Junior Guinea Pig
Thats what I thought, so do you think applying the spot on will help protect and be safe? If you get me x'D
It will do, yes. Just like you would with a cat or dog, the spot on will prevent the parasites from hurting your guinea pig, if anything does bite then they will die instantly. I'm not sure how good the Bob Martin one is, like I said I've used the Beaphar spot on before and now use the Beaphar FlyStrike spray :)