• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Stacking two indoor 4ft cages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lily 74

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking to free up some space for my new cage I am getting and was wondering is it okay to stack two ferplast 120cm cages directly on top of each other?

I haven't got a big enough table to put inbetween the cages.

My only concern is is the cage underneath strong enough and also I am worried not enough daylight would get to the piggies underneath?

Has anyone else done this? I have heard someone mention it before

Thanks!

i had stacks before c & c, i had them staggered if you get what i mean, the lower one poking out slightly further, i used to rotate them every week so they'd get light.
As long as you feel they are secure, it should be fine x

The only issue is getting in (ferplast opens from the roof part) and whether they're sturdy enough to hold the weight.. I've heard that they're not that strong. I had this issue, one option could be to get a stand for a 120cm then get a rabbit 100 which will fit underneath the stand ..

The ferplast cages I have got are quite sturdy and good quality.

Yes I hadn't thought of the issue with opening up the fronts! have to find a way round that.

Like the stand idea, but a 100cm would be too small as I have two boars as well

heres my 2, excuse the mess! just finished cleaning out x

76468_1732902121006_1192116864_1966946_1171122_n.jpg

Couldn't you use a stand but put the one underneath at a different angle to it made an L shape looking down on them?

That's a good idea too might think about that, that might work:))

Yes thats the idea I had...:))

Do you find lack of light on the bottom cage a problem?

not really its abit dark, but no more so than a guinea in a hutch, i jut get him out for afew hours a day etc x

Thats true, hadn't thought of it like that:))

I feel more confident now about stacking them:))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back