Star At The Vets

Status
Not open for further replies.

karonus

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well Star has been for her vet checkup, weight is down to 650gms (but she is in season always a weight drop and not had breakfast). No sign of any problems except muscle loss on her thighs which (after discussion with Wiebke) is age related as she is almost 6 years old. Tried giving vet a heart attack by jumping of table, luckily I was there to catch her mid leap, was playing the diva. When back in carry case she had her nose up to the gap listening while we discussed her.

MerryPip

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
She is such a menace.... It's hard when they get older. H is already losing muscle mass round his hips and we think he is around 4-4.5 age wise. He lost a little bit of weight but has since maintained that without a problem. I think he's just getting old and as he's a big lad perhaps arthritis is setting in earlier than it might in a slimmer piggy ;)

Oldies are lovely but they do keep us on their toes with all sorts of problems....

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
:)) Such a pesky pensioner..... Sending lots of love to your special little diva pig :love:

Goth Mummy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh my goodness, the poor vet - what a shock when she jumped of the table, you must have quick reactions!

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Great that she is still going strongly despite her low weight and age!

Status
Not open for further replies.