• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Static mites/ Hay mites ?

mmbakerstreet

New Born Pup
Reaction score

State: MI (Michigan)

Hi everyone! I have two boars named Lewis and Clark. I noticed that they will itch a lot but there’s no hair loss or scarring/bloody marks from the scratching. I looked around their bums and say white flakes and I have been told that is static/hay mites..I have heard that Ivermectin & Lice n’ Easy Shampoo from Gorgeous Guineas works wonders but since I’m in the US..the only item that would get here quickly is the ivermectin. Is there any other shampoo I can get from amazon or a store to relive/kill those pesky kites?

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
please don’t use any products until you have seen a vet For the correct diagnosis. The vet will then prescribe the correct strength treatment if mites are confirmed. The correct way to treat mites is via an appropriate course of treatment which takes place over several weeks and ensures all life cycles of the mites are killed.