Still at it!

Piggypants21

New Born Pup
Reaction score
So as everyone knows my boys have been separated for a while now and seemed to be so much happier on their own doing their own thing and talking through the bars (cages are next to each other) and doing really well both health and personality wise.
Now the last couple of times (this week) Alf (the aggressor) has been having floor time he's been trying to get to Eric through the bars 🤔 He has cut his little foot by biting it through the bars and just now he had one of Eric's nails in his mouth then Eric pulled away so thank goodness no injuries.
I've noticed that he tries to bite Eric's nose and mouth aswell when Eric pops up to say 'Hi' but luckily he always manages move in time but it's still very worrying.
Silly question i know but could the little heatwave that were having here in the UK be to blame? They have everything to keep cool but i thought maybe they could get ratty just like we do when we are hot and bothered 🤔🤷‍♀️
I love my boys to bits and will do everything to keep them happy and healthy but by gosh they have given me blood,sweat and tears from day one 😢
Cheeky rascals always seem to be up to something so any advice would be welcome with my newest problem.
Thank you everyone in advance 🐹🥦🥬🌽

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I don’t know if the heat has done it. There does seem to have been a ‘surge’ in dominance behaviour but that was a few months ago. I think if he’s getting all het up during floor time then maybe it’s best if you block his view/access to Eric and only allow interaction when they’re both in their cages.

Does Eric have floor time before Alf? And are they free roaming or so you put something down to catch the pee/poo?

Piggypants21

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I don’t know if the heat has done it. There does seem to have been a ‘surge’ in dominance behaviour but that was a few months ago. I think if he’s getting all het up during floor time then maybe it’s best if you block his view/access to Eric and only allow interaction when they’re both in their cages.

Does Eric have floor time before Alf? And are they free roaming or so you put something down to catch the pee/poo?
I tend to do it on a rota so they don't think i have a favourite 🙈🤦‍♀️ ( i know). They both come out for 3 hours a day,1 hour in the morning before i go work,1 hour when I'm home then a hour at night to tire them out before bed. One day Eric will be let out first all 3 times and then the day after Alf will come out first for 3 times,i just try to treat them both exactly the same.
They are free roaming but i place puppy pads down in their favourite peeing/pooping spots and even though a few poops get loose they tend to be quite good at using the pads. Alf will have his own pads for his floor time then i get Eric's pads out for he's 3 hours so they keep their own scent and everything.
I thought maybe the hot weather was getting him more agitated than normal because he has always had a confident teenage boy attitude but he's never gone for Eric through the bars before 🤔🤷‍♀️