• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Still in shock

Status
Not open for further replies.

makeeachdaycount

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've had the most awful night and am still in shock. My little boy Xerxes has passed away, completely out of the blue. He was fine yesterday evening when I gave the pigs some extra veggies. Then I stayed up stupidly late to watch a film (glad I did now) and when I got in to bed (I am staying at my parents for xmas so the pigs are in C&C cages taking up the whole bedroom floor) I heard the weirdest piggy noise and knew straight away somethign was wrong. Got up to find Xerxes dragging himself along the floor but with no control of his body, just kept falling on his side. It was heartbreaking to watch. From things I've read on here, I'm guessing he had a stroke. I wrapped him in a blanket and held him to keep him warm and he passed away in my arms. I still can't believe it, he was less than a year old and perfectly fine just a few hours ago. I'm glad I got to hold him before he went and make him comfortable but devastated that there was nothing I could do. He was a funny little pig, very adventurous and on the go constantly. Poor little man. RIP Xerxes.

piggies052.jpg

I am so sorry for your loss :( He was beautiful.
As cruel as it is, things things sometimes just happen and if he did have stroke (which is what it sounds like), there wasn't much more you could have done but keep him warm and safe which you did. (((hugs))) x

I am so deeply sorry for your loss, it is tragic. Take comfort in the fact you were with him at the end, and that he had a truly wonderful life with you.

Rest well, dear Xerxes. xx

Sosorry to hear your awful news, he would have felt great comfort being with you when he passed on xx

I am so sorry for your loss.

I truly believe that all creatures pass over more easily when someone they love is with them. In his final moments, he knew that you were with him and that he was loved.

R.I.P. little Xerxes.

I'm so very sorry, he was a gorgeous piggie. Sometimes these things just happen and its beyond our control. At least you know you gave him a good life.
RIP Xerxes sleep well little one, shine bright up there x

oh no, what an absolute shock that must have been for you. So sorry for your loss.

RIP Xerxes, sleep well x

I'm so very sorry for you loss, what a terrible shock for you.
R.I.P Sweet boy x

Oh nooooo how terribly sad to hear about little Xerxes 8...8...8...
RIP Xerxes run free at the bridge, you were taken way too young, now happily playing and popcorning and munching out on the lush green grass and dandelions, you'll be very sadly missed by your mummy but NEVER forgotten xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) and loads of loves from Glynis, Velvet and Onyx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Another little star now twinkling in the sky ............ :(

How distressing for you as it was so unexpected - a beautiful little piggy who you obviously loved very much.

Please find comfort in the fact that you were cuddling him as he passed over the bridge and you cared for him so well.

Run free xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back