• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Still missing my boy

Charlottexxxxx

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi all,

I posted in August about the passing of my dear boy, Wesley. We have since adopted two more boys, who are fantastic companions for Wesley's cage friend, Neville.

I just find myself even now beyond grief when I think about him. I know it was his time and he lived a lovely life, but I can't help feel so sad about him hiding his illness and not being able to relieve his pain. I wasn't even there when he passed as the vet was assessing him at that stage. Does it ever get easier?

I miss you, darling boy.

Attachments

• received_347723140813307.jpeg
    received_347723140813307.jpeg
    41.8 KB · Views: 11
So sorry to hear about your beloved Wesley. We all handle grief in different ways. I don’t think it ever gets easier but the interval between those moments of great sadness does gradually start to get longer and you begin to remember more of those funny, happy moments and less about the passing. It sounds like he was much loved, try and take some comfort from that and allow yourself to grieve. And give Neville and his mates lots of love - I’m sure you are 💕

Sorry to hear you are still feeling the loss of your lovely boy Wesley. I can only add my personal experiences as we all feel and process experiences differently. I would say that the grief doesn’t truly go, but it’s easier to remember the good times that we shared. I made memory books after my boys each passed away. It helped to write all the little details about their personalities and they are wonderful mementos to look back on.

So sorry to hear about your beloved Wesley. We all handle grief in different ways. I don’t think it ever gets easier but the interval between those moments of great sadness does gradually start to get longer and you begin to remember more of those funny, happy moments and less about the passing. It sounds like he was much loved, try and take some comfort from that and allow yourself to grieve. And give Neville and his mates lots of love - I’m sure you are 💕

You're completely right. He was such a character and lives on in so many different ways x

Sorry to hear you are still feeling the loss of your lovely boy Wesley. I can only add my personal experiences as we all feel and process experiences differently. I would say that the grief doesn’t truly go, but it’s easier to remember the good times that we shared. I made memory books after my boys each passed away. It helped to write all the little details about their personalities and they are wonderful mementos to look back on.

I think I need to do something like this. I feel very frozen in my grief at the moment and I need something to challenge where I am x

Hi all,

I posted in August about the passing of my dear boy, Wesley. We have since adopted two more boys, who are fantastic companions for Wesley's cage friend, Neville.

I just find myself even now beyond grief when I think about him. I know it was his time and he lived a lovely life, but I can't help feel so sad about him hiding his illness and not being able to relieve his pain. I wasn't even there when he passed as the vet was assessing him at that stage. Does it ever get easier?

I miss you, darling boy.
Last month I was crying once a week minimum about my Gizmo. He passed last November and I would just burst into tears looking at his box and ashes. You’re not alone and I also had guilt about not catching his illness on time. We love these animals with all our hearts and I truly believe that these things happen to the most caring observant owners. I feel a bit better now that the anniversary date has passed and I hope you feel better soon too.:luv:

It’s really not that long since you lost Wesley.
When we say that grief takes time we mean longer than a few weeks.
The suggestion from @h_and_piggies is very good and helpful.
The rawness does ease, but you never stop missing them and memories pop up from time to time which hurt our hearts again.
We only grieve that which we love. It’s a price we pay.

Holding you in my heart ♥️

Last month I was crying once a week minimum about my Gizmo. He passed last November and I would just burst into tears looking at his box and ashes. You’re not alone and I also had guilt about not catching his illness on time. We love these animals with all our hearts and I truly believe that these things happen to the most caring observant owners. I feel a bit better now that the anniversary date has passed and I hope you feel better soon too.:luv:
You've summarised this perfectly. I hope you're doing better now xx

It’s really not that long since you lost Wesley.
When we say that grief takes time we mean longer than a few weeks.
The suggestion from @h_and_piggies is very good and helpful.
The rawness does ease, but you never stop missing them and memories pop up from time to time which hurt our hearts again.
We only grieve that which we love. It’s a price we pay.

Holding you in my heart ♥️
Beautiful summary. You're right. I just need more time x

Back