• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Still struggling with my CC cage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hello,

I've been out of action for awhile now but I'm back now hoping for some advice. I am still strugling with my CC cage, plus its too big for my new flat.

I find it difficult to clean, the lino does not work as I hoped, the connectors keep snapping each time I put pressure on them (i.e to clean or catch the buggers). I never did get to doing to top level because of time and so many different problems which kept on coming up, costing more and more money.

I have thought about putting one cage on top of the other but am worried about the light aspect. Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Jen

Hi Jen,
Do you have a side board or something to stand the cage on so its easier for you to clean out and you can do one long cage and have the pigs side by side.
I have correx in my cage and i haven't had problems with that.

Hope this has helped.

Louise xx

Sorry I should have posted a picture ....

They are currently side by side. Its one level of cubes off the floor.

Heres a pic

and another

Ignore the top level as thats now gone.

Jen

I have a stacked 2 x 4 if you did that and was worried about light you could just swap piggie's over on cleaning day give's them a change too i had to have one 4 grid side as a door for cleaning but it's quite easy

Thanks that does seem the best idea ....

I'm trying to work out the logistics of the situation as last time it was soo stressful, they havent really got anywhere else to go while I change it all around, plus I want to get some correx stuff as the lino just isnt working.....

Just some Idea's I know you are strugglling with space and probably have way less pigs.

This is our current set up, Notice my anti social pigs!

025-6.jpg

This set up is my particualar favourite. How I miss it, but Still I much prefer my pigs :))!

038-3.jpg

This is 3 stacked cage..

035-4.jpg

Bearing in mind any of these cages can be adapted to be smaller, just some idea's.

Tip: Don't use Connectors they are a nightmare, cable ties are much easier. Also I use wood as support beams to help support the cage.

Connector's are annoying I use cable ties too.This was my cage last week I have moved the kitchen area and dropped it down a little inside the middle of the second floor but i wall be changing it back soon. The whole 4 panel side opens up and clips on to a lanyard clip to keep it open while cleaning or letting them out for floor time.

The other pic is them all in the kitchen

Attachments

• piggie's 012.jpg
    piggie's 012.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 17
  • piggie's 017.jpg
    piggie's 017.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 17
Thanks everyone for your replies. I am hoping to go with something very similar to Flintstones second pic.

I'm not looking forward to actually doing it to be honest.... its a logistal nightmare! I will definitely avoid using the connectors as they are a nightmare to coordinate and they break quite easily when put under pressure.

My two are so messy... I would like to put them each a kitchen area in, they keep pulling all their hay down and then weeing all over it ......

4piggypigs - whats a lanyard?

My cage is similar to flinstones except I didn't use the connectors just cable ties

013-1.jpg

It's quite easy to clean although it took a while to put together (a good few hours!) and I nearly gave up halfway but it was worth it in the end!

Shortly after that cage I ditched the connectors it was fabulous too clean I particually enjoyed being able to pat all my pigs when I walked by!

I can't remember that cage being particually hard, but I do think there might have been one or 2 curse words.

Good luck, c&c is great when it's together! It's the putting it together which is a nightmare! :) x

Sorry i didn't see your question i used a keyring clip a lanyard is what you use on hanging tunnels or really big one's for mountain climbing thay are metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back