• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Store Bought Treats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyanna

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Are there any store bought treats that are GOOD for guinea pigs?

I have not found any. You may like to give different types of hay as a treat as that is healthy and offers a variety.

It haven't seen any that are good as such. The girls like wooden bridges and cabins to chew though, not so much a 'treat'

I figured I'd probably get this answer. :) There's many things we can offer as "treats" I was just curious if any at the store would be "ok". Oh well! :)

My 2 like the burgess excell nature snacks. Mountain meadow herbs. Not sure if they are available in the USA though.

My 2 like the burgess excell nature snacks. Mountain meadow herbs. Not sure if they are available in the USA though.

I can actually get some through Amazon, but shipping would be a bit much!

Aww that's a shame. You might be able to get something similar where you live?

I'll be looking around! :) I know nothing at the chain pet stores will be good, but maybe I can get lucky after researching!

I think basically avoid anything with sugar, grains (flour too) artificial colours or flavours, eggs, dairy. Lol which doesn't leave a lot of choices. ;( I give mine the vitakraft treat sticks VERY occasionally. Eg they have had 2 (each) in the space of the 7months I have had them. And I know they aren't great for them so only give them on special occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back