stories about lost pigs (share your story)

Angle

_
Reaction score
Hey there! Please share your own stories of lost piggies, and the happy ending of how you managed to find them.
Here's mine:

Once we let all the piggs out for their fresh air and run, while I kept an eye on them. I saw Toffee run into the small bushery around the thick tree and let him chill htere, because they love to eat the food growing around there. About 30min later, my mother came out and told me to put the piggies back in. I went back inside and she asked me where Toffee was and I simply replied, "around the tree." We went out to look for him together, but we couldn't find him. We searched everywhere, places where there was no possible way for him to get there. We searched inside the house just in case he suddenly learnt how to walk up stairs as well. After 2 hours of searching we went to eat lunch before going back to look for him. But nope, we still couldn't find him. Once it got dark around 7:30pm, we had to stop and hope we could find him the next day.

I felt so guilty, I didnt understand how I could have lost our baby.

The next day, I awoke and saw my mother standing at the door ready to tell me all about Toffee. So, it turns out, Our neighbour from two houses away was cleaning his garden that morning. As he was cleaning out the bushery, a small 'rat' as he called it, ran out. Fortunately, my mother happened to be searching up there just as he called it. Finally, we found Toffee.

I guess he ran away from the tree at such an angle that I couldn't see him.

But the funniest part (now), is that he didn't just run away, he ran UP a STEEP hill just to look for better grass. (Australia has a lot of drought. Any grass greener than yellow is fake).
HE WALKED UP A HILL. IMAGINE THAT.

lucyguineapiglover

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I took my pigs outside with a friend,near the forest by the house, and Fred somehow managed to climb over the wooden walls. I chased his while my friend held George and eventually I managed to find which tree he was hiding in. After around ten minutes, we had not only got him back, but we also found a blackbird egg that we have toa sanctuary!

teddymouse

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Had 2 young brothers get out of their pen in the front yard, friend from 4th bungalow down let me know they were in their backyard, that's a pathway across 3 bungalows, down 4 steps round another path leading to their back yard, then UP 3 more steps. These 2 could climb a 15 inches on fencing,they were a nightmare pair. Had to make their fencing 24 inches. That stopped them.

Claire W

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Hey there! Please share your own stories of lost piggies, and the happy ending of how you managed to find them.
Here's mine:

Once we let all the piggs out for their fresh air and run, while I kept an eye on them. I saw Toffee run into the small bushery around the thick tree and let him chill htere, because they love to eat the food growing around there. About 30min later, my mother came out and told me to put the piggies back in. I went back inside and she asked me where Toffee was and I simply replied, "around the tree." We went out to look for him together, but we couldn't find him. We searched everywhere, places where there was no possible way for him to get there. We searched inside the house just in case he suddenly learnt how to walk up stairs as well. After 2 hours of searching we went to eat lunch before going back to look for him. But nope, we still couldn't find him. Once it got dark around 7:30pm, we had to stop and hope we could find him the next day.

I felt so guilty, I didnt understand how I could have lost our baby.

The next day, I awoke and saw my mother standing at the door ready to tell me all about Toffee. So, it turns out, Our neighbour from two houses away was cleaning his garden that morning. As he was cleaning out the bushery, a small 'rat' as he called it, ran out. Fortunately, my mother happened to be searching up there just as he called it. Finally, we found Toffee.

I guess he ran away from the tree at such an angle that I couldn't see him.

But the funniest part (now), is that he didn't just run away, he ran UP a STEEP hill just to look for better grass. (Australia has a lot of drought. Any grass greener than yellow is fake).
HE WALKED UP A HILL. IMAGINE THAT.
I took my pigs outside with a friend,near the forest by the house, and Fred somehow managed to climb over the wooden walls. I chased his while my friend held George and eventually I managed to find which tree he was hiding in. After around ten minutes, we had not only got him back, but we also found a blackbird egg that we have toa sanctuary!
Had 2 young brothers get out of their pen in the front yard, friend from 4th bungalow down let me know they were in their backyard, that's a pathway across 3 bungalows, down 4 steps round another path leading to their back yard, then UP 3 more steps. These 2 could climb a 15 inches on fencing,they were a nightmare pair. Had to make their fencing 24 inches. That stopped them.
Thank goodness you all found your piggies

Betsy

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
My Rainbow piggie Gizzy (Gizmo) somehow escaped from the hutch one night in the morning I found the hutch open and Lenny in the corner looking sad. I called Gizzy and from under the fur tree in the corner I saw an orange triangle which was Gizmo's head. I took a hidey and he went straight inside it and I managed to catch him and pop him back in the hutch.