Storing dirty fleece til laundry day?

4boipigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I need suggestions on storing dirty fleece til it is laundry day. Usually I will toss it in the washer and wait til I have other things to wash, but I'm wondering if there's a hamper or something out there that could contain the smell but not cause any issues w/ the fleece. It would be in there for a couple days. The smell is not super strong or offensive but I certainly notice it.

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I used to put them in a black bin bag, but wouldn't keep them for long before washing.

Hath

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I leave mine outside (on the patio) in a large IKEA bag. Hopefully someone has tips on indoor storage. I can't have anything in a washer/dryer, would drive me crazy :))

LollyJJ

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I normally wash the whole lot of fleece liners and pee pads together in a laundry bag so the hairs and hay etc don't clog up my machine. That fills the machine so it's just a pet wash once a week. I definitely recommend the laundry bag- it's a fine mesh so you could store your fleeces in there until you're ready to wash too.

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I've just been piling mine in the greenhouse but the B&M bag sounds like a good idea @VickiA I have several of those big ones from I only want one thing trips!

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree, but I never seem to get it all into one load, there's always those bits left over to make up a load another day! Then there's dear Caspy a heavy drinker who when he's wet one bed moves onto the next, preferably Nugget's. :))
Haha Caspy ! What a pesky piggy!

Roselina

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yes I also tend to wash fleeces every day. But I have left fleece and pee pads in the ‘pet hair’ protector laundry bag - no smell

Free Ranger

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It wasn't fleece but we used to have a giant plastic bucket with a lid that clipped on for nappies - the lid kept the pee smell in. Nowadays some of those old nappies are used in heavy wetting areas outside the cage and when I change them of an evening I actually just hang them outside on the line with a single peg - and if it's raining so much the better! They get collected in on cage blitz day when everything gets washed together.

Tip: don't use two pegs as your stains will be on display and the neighbours will think your machine's on the blink! :tu:

Sophia_Oreo108

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I put mine in a black bin bag outside on the patio but I am also looking for a better solution.

CV26

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
A full cage change for me is about 2 loads. I tend to shake off all the hay and pile it up in the utility room in a plastic tub. I don't notice any smells and the cat hadn't complained yet (his bed is in there). I usually get to it within a day or two though so it's never there for long.

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
We have 8 loads of piggy laundry a week in summer and.... 12 in winter? I just put it on the kitchen floor in a pile lol...