• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Story Time! Share Your Cutest Stories!

PigsLovesYas10

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello all! I'm in the mood to hear cute/funny stories of things that your guinea pigs have done.

For example, my pigs' water bottle was really leaky, so I set down a bowl of water for them so they didn't get too thirsty as I ran out to get them another. But Rocko was expecting food (since it's the bowl I put their food in for dinner time) so he propped himself up on it with his paws, and started wheeking really loud when he realized it was water, and not food! I was standing by to make sure they got the gist of it, and it was so cute! He kept wheeking and wheeking, expecting food, and it was the cutest thing! :love:

Penny has a barn hidey that she loves to move around! It's so cute to see it bounce around :love:
Cocoa always popcorns whenever I clean up hay and that's pretty cute too :)
Nickel always was a big suck up when it came to attention; he'd always stretch out and chill whenever we petted him!

My boy Finn puts both his paws in his food bowl and meditates with partly closed eyes for a long time. He doses off sometimes in his food bowl. Needless to say I love him, just the cutest. :tu:

Finn also popcorns whenever he is moved to the playpen, and when moved back to his cage. The fact he is going somewhere is making him popcorn, which I find pretty funny, :xd:. Lara on the other hand looks lost when she is moved to playpen but I still put her there. Lara popcorns for hay and veggies but not when moved to different places.

This actually only happened today! My guinea pigs seem to view my Chihuahua as simply being a slightly hairier, longer-legged version of them. They always rush up to see him (so, so very jealous). The sneaky little devil managed to get close to the cage today while I was slightly distracted. I suddenly heard a commotion, panicked slightly, only to see Arthur and Merlin making a game of touching noses through the bars with Yoda (the Chihuahua). They'd touch noses, and then this would start them popcorning across the cage, closely followed by Yoda. They'd each touch noses with Yoda again, popcorn to the other side of the cage, once again touch noses with Yoda, popcorn back, and this went on for quite some time. I wish I'd gotten a video because the piggies seemed to be having so much fun and it was the cutest thing ever.

I have so many I can think of....

My boar Romano absolutely loved pigloos. His favourite thing to do was walk around with it on his back. If he ever couldn't move it, he'd hop out, assess what the block was, go back in, turn it in that direction to get around and continue on. He just loved playing with it. Whether he was in the house or in his cage, the pigloo never left his side.
This isn't his pigloo, but here he is also doing it with a cardboard box - another fun toy he could do the same thing with.

I miss him so much he was so funny to watch :))

I have so many I can think of....

My boar Romano absolutely loved pigloos. His favourite thing to do was walk around with it on his back. If he ever couldn't move it, he'd hop out, assess what the block was, go back in, turn it in that direction to get around and continue on. He just loved playing with it. Whether he was in the house or in his cage, the pigloo never left his side.
This isn't his pigloo, but here he is also doing it with a cardboard box - another fun toy he could do the same thing with.

I miss him so much he was so funny to watch :))
My Jessie does the same! Thought it was just her with that strange habit :D
Gorgeous piggies :)

My Jessie does the same! Thought it was just her with that strange habit :D
Gorgeous piggies :)
Haha thats so cute! I used to love watching Romano do it. I miss it.
My current sow loves destroying pigloos though. Any chance she has she flips it. If I stand it up she rushes over and isn't happy until its thrown across the cage and upside down :))

:wub:thank you

My piggie Luna squeaks *SOOO LOUD* when I clink the food dishes and bring them up. You can hear it through the whole house. I once had someone over who didn't know I had piggies and was very surprised when squeaking erupts. Even when I'm talking on the phone luna will squeak so loud I have to call them back.
I love piggies :luv:

The piggies will sometimes popcorn when I put in hay for them. Toffee really likes (demands) attention. He will come up to the side as myself or husband pass by, and stand waiting to be stroked. We’re normally the ones to stop as I’m sure he will stand there a good while 🙄

When I come in from work they start chatting away and come out of hiding. Even the girls who are still somewhat timid.

I just love it when my boys run up to greet me when I come into the room.

And how when you hold Smokey he will put his lips up against yours and give kisses, and put his face under your chin.

I love how Bacon will -no matter where he is going, or what he is doing- lie down as soon as you give him back scratches, he will just lie down and stick his feet out behind him.

A few months ago i adopted Sugar, a one year old american short hair, we were in the process of bonding cinnamon with sugar and while they were seperated in different cages right next to eachother, my lil pig Cinnamon jumped on top of her timothy hay hidey to watch Sugar in the other cage. Cinnamon ended up doing that every day until we finally introduced them a few days later, it was adorable. 20190306_185309.jpg

Back