• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Strange...any Ideas?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudpuppy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My Muppet (approx. 3) seems to be eating/drinking/ pooping/moving around etc as normal, but I've noticed a very slight change - he's ever so slightly narked and seems slightly moodier than usual. Also, when I pet him, he seems to squeak slightly more high pitched than normal and I'm not comfortable with it - I'm sure it's not his usual contented squeak. I have given him a dose of ivermectin in case he has mites/fleas (as he doesn't seem to enjoy being touched as he previously did), but before I take him to the vet, does anyone have any ideas what might be the problem? I wonder if he has a bit of a UTI seeing as he seems to be squeaking when I pet down his back/sides? :(
Thank you :)

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
It is very difficult for you ( and any vet) to see what is going on, so I would recommend to just keep an eye on him and weigh him regularly. Hopefully, it is just a bit of an off day.

Mudpuppy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thanks Wiebke...... I will keep a very close eye on him..... it's very strange, he's not quite himself! x

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
It's so hard when you can sense there's a change but can't quite put your finger on it. All you can do as a good piggy slave is to keep watching and weighing until there is something concrete to go on. It's hard when these little chaps hide their illnesses so well. Good luck.

Mudpuppy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
You are right - they do tend to hide their discomfort really well..... :/ hate seeing my baby in an unsettled state!

Status
Not open for further replies.