• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Strange behaviour

Abzz130297

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I hope everyone is staying safe and well. I have just a quick question, Bennie started acting strange this evening. I went to clean him out and he was fine but as I put the waste in the bin and turned around I didn't realise he was there and accidentally moved my foot and kicked him a little bit, I didn't hurt him he just ran as fast as he could behind the cage. Ever since then he's been acting strange, he's walking slowly and sniffy a lot and he's hiding behind his log cottage and keeping one eye on me so he not going to sleep and settling down like he normally does. How can I help him?

His brother Chester went to the vets last week as I found a large lump in his throat, I have been giving him meds as they tried to pop it with needles but it was too hard and they couldn't do it. I have to go back Monday. Do you think it has something to do with Bennie's strange behaviour? Bennie also suffers with impaction and earlier today I had to clean his bum and he was fine after that, would this have something to do with his behaviour.

Please help I'm so scared and stressed.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I hope everyone is staying safe and well. I have just a quick question, Bennie started acting strange this evening. I went to clean him out and he was fine but as I put the waste in the bin and turned around I didn't realise he was there and accidentally moved my foot and kicked him a little bit, I didn't hurt him he just ran as fast as he could behind the cage. Ever since then he's been acting strange, he's walking slowly and sniffy a lot and he's hiding behind his log cottage and keeping one eye on me so he not going to sleep and settling down like he normally does. How can I help him?

His brother Chester went to the vets last week as I found a large lump in his throat, I have been giving him meds as they tried to pop it with needles but it was too hard and they couldn't do it. I have to go back Monday. Do you think it has something to do with Bennie's strange behaviour? Bennie also suffers with impaction and earlier today I had to clean his bum and he was fine after that, would this have something to do with his behaviour.

Please help I'm so scared and stressed.
Hi!

I am very sorry; you have to have eyes at the back of your feet when your piggies are free roaming and train yourself to never take a step back... That still leaves all the occasions they make a last second dash extactly to where your foot is coming down . :yikes:

Bennie may be a bit upset right now but if he is really unwell or struggles with movement over the next day or so, please have him seen promptly as an emergency. Hopefully there are just some hurt feelings; most often there are actually. }

If you are still worried by then, by all means ask your vet to give him a quick check-over on Monday.

Abzz130297

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi!

I am very sorry; you have to have eyes at the back of your feet when your piggies are free roaming and train yourself to never take a step back... That still leaves all the occasions they make a last second dash extactly to where your foot is coming down . :yikes:

Bennie may be a bit upset right now but if he is really unwell or struggles with movement over the next day or so, please have him seen promptly as an emergency. Hopefully there are just some hurt feelings; most often there are actually. }

If you are still worried by then, by all means ask your vet to give him a quick check-over on Monday.
Thank you for replying I've just logged on and seen this Bennie was just mad and he's all better now he's running round like he owns the place lol xx