• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Strange Lump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zar-Zar

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My guinea pig, Kiwi, recently hurt her paw, and because of this she has been getting extra treats and cuddle time. I was running my fingers through her fur today when I felt something hard. After parting her fur I found a small hard black/red dot (dried blood?) which had chipped off a lump. The lump's shape resembled a nipple (this was on her shoulder of her forepaw, so no where near her actual nipples). When I touched it she didn't seem to be in any pain but I have no idea what it is. About a year ago she had a very large abcess in that place and had to go under surgery to get it removed since it was impeding her ability to walk, could this be another one forming? I was thinking that maybe it was, but then the shape is just so strange (long and thin, sticking straight out) It's very small right now, about 1/2 - 3/4 the length of a pencil eraser.

I probably will have to take her to the vet again but I thought I'd post here in case anyone knew anything. (I just took her in for her paw and I guess they didn't catch the bump then because it was too small.)

I feel awful, poor Kiwi is finally starting to feel better after hurting her leg and now this! Then there are scary problems with my other guinea too...I feel like I'm doing something wrong and causing them to get sick. :( I just love them so much, I'm sure many of you can relate.

Best wishes to all the healthy and healing guineas out there <3

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
My guinea pig, Kiwi, recently hurt her paw, and because of this she has been getting extra treats and cuddle time. I was running my fingers through her fur today when I felt something hard. After parting her fur I found a small hard black/red dot (dried blood?) which had chipped off a lump. The lump's shape resembled a nipple (this was on her shoulder of her forepaw, so no where near her actual nipples). When I touched it she didn't seem to be in any pain but I have no idea what it is. About a year ago she had a very large abcess in that place and had to go under surgery to get it removed since it was impeding her ability to walk, could this be another one forming? I was thinking that maybe it was, but then the shape is just so strange (long and thin, sticking straight out) It's very small right now, about 1/2 - 3/4 the length of a pencil eraser.

I probably will have to take her to the vet again but I thought I'd post here in case anyone knew anything. (I just took her in for her paw and I guess they didn't catch the bump then because it was too small.)

I feel awful, poor Kiwi is finally starting to feel better after hurting her leg and now this! Then there are scary problems with my other guinea too...I feel like I'm doing something wrong and causing them to get sick. :( I just love them so much, I'm sure many of you can relate.

Best wishes to all the healthy and healing guineas out there <3
Please have any lump checked by a vet; only he can diagnose one properly and say what needs doing. All we can do it speculate.
http://www.guinealynx.info/lumps.html

Status
Not open for further replies.