• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Strange Smell?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbietheguinealion

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all, bit random but I'm stumped.

Our lil Peruvian Sven, seems to be creating a smell, but like poop. It may be his house, I just don't know. We clean it every 3-4 days, he's litter trained and that's cleaned every 2 days...

We checked for impaction, he seems fine and poops normally, he's had a bath and his grease gland cleaned. His hair has been trimmed around his boar bits.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Have you checked his penis?

I only ask this as yesterday I had the pleasant job of cleaning my boars willies, to be greeted with thick cheesey smelly smeg. It really did smell, so just wondering if this is worth a look?

Yeah we did and trimmed the hair as it was getting stuck to his willy. That's what I mean we checked the usual culprits as far as I know. Lol

Yeah we did and trimmed the hair as it was getting stuck to his willy. That's what I mean we checked the usual culprits as far as I know. Lol
Ah right! Haha

I'm at a loss then, Hopefully it's nothing or someone lose will have an idea!

Hope he's okay :)

Try not giving him anything cabbage related, when you clean out the cage next that might reduce the problem! I find the worst culprit tends to be kale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back