Strange Sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayemee

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sorry for posting another thread here.

Earlier whilst the girls were out for floor time, Mabel was doing a really strange noise I've never heard before. She sat in her litter tray of hay, eating away, but doing a really really low pitched wheeky noise.

It was like the noise they do when they're walking around exploring and 'talking' to eachother. But the pitch was extremely low and at first I didn't even realise it was coming from her!

I tried to post a video but photobucket won't let me haha. Don't think the link will work but I'll try.

Just curious to see if anyone elses piggie makes this really low pitched noise?

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you post the link straight to the video again, I couldn't get it to play on photobucket site

Galaxy&nibbles

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have seen te video what sweet piggies. I'm sure my piggies make that noise, and I've seen it in my guinea pig book, let me have a quick peek and see what it says

ayemee

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yes it's the same pitch level as her grumpy tone, but it's the same sound as her 'talking' sound.

It's strange. I'll keep my eye on it. Maybe she just generally has a different 'voice'.

It's quite hard to hear on the video. The video worked viewing from my iPhone. Strange haha :)

Freela

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
They do all have a different 'voice.' I can tell my pigs from each other even if I'm not in the room. Linney has a really shrill 'wheek.' Sundae's 'wheek' is kind of raspy (she must have been a chain smoker in a previous life!) Linney's 'talking to herself' voice is very soft and whistly, whereas Sundae sounds like someone rubbing a balloon with wet hands! This may just be her own unique tone of voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.