Stressed out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ilovepiggies

:-\
Does any one have any tips on de-stressing? Things are so mad at work at the minute I feel like my head my burst!
Its the good old 'too little time, too much to do' story.
Any good and quick tips to de-stress? I used to go for a walk on a lunch time and that was great to get out and have fresh air but at the moment I dont have time to even do that!

Cuddlling my boys is a great de-stresser but unfortunately I cant smuggle them to work! :D

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I always make sure I get that lunch time walk! Just come back from it now!

I think it may help if you put things in proportion: Ok, so work is stressful but, at the end of the day, it's not as stressful or painful as if something happened to one of our furry darlings. I am assuming you are an employee and not running your own business. Don't take your work home with you - literally or emotionally. That's the advantage of being an employee - come five o'clock that's it!

I also always have photos of my darlings in the office. :)

Mary

Reaction score
My daughter made me a drinks mat out of beads then you iron it, I have this at work.

sarahp

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I know exactly how you feel. things are mad for me at work at the moment. and they will be for the next month :( :(

I've been to the gym every day this week after work and it has really helped. i think any form of exercise heps a lot, even though it's not that enjoyable when you do it...

Then there is always herbal tea and that sort of thing but i hate the taste of them :P

had my two boys out on my lap last night. malcolm kept yawning and then they both fell asleep on me. don't you wish you were one of them sometimes? :D

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Agree. I run three times a week, I also do weights and sometimes play squash - the latter is very good for aggression. ;D

I

ilovepiggies

Hi

Thank you for the advice.
I go to the gym three times a week and I do taekwondo so I get plenty of excersise.
I find it quite easy to leave work behind at the end of the day but while I am here I feel like I could cry! :o

Billies Mum

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I know EXACTLY how you feel

I am in a client facing role which is even worse coz i have to hide it and smile sweetly as I get 2000 more briefs dropped onto my desk :'(

A walk DEFFO helps. Even if I dont have time I force myself to go across the road to the park, even if its just for 10 minutes. I normally feed nuts to the squirrels. They are very tame and take nuts out of my hands :)
Exercise is the best stress buster there is for sure. And long deep breaths

Take time away from your desk to stretch and move around.
Surround yourself with photos of loved ones and remember its only a job. A way of paying the bills. Not your life.

If all else fails I simply go home and drain a bottle of wine. I'm relaxed in no time! ;) :D

sarahp

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Aww - don't cry! I have cried at work before and then I've felt really annoyed because it shouldn't get you down. It's just so annoying that we spend so much of our day in a place we would rather not be in, surrounded by people who we wouldn't choose to be with!

What do you do anyway? Anything exciting?

Sarah x

J

Jillybean

Like everyone else here, I sympathise. I've had a hectic couple of weeks but more under control now. What I find helpful, if you're in the right kind of job, is to quickly make a list at the end of the day of what is priority for the next day. I clear my desk as much as possible and try to concentrate on doing each thing properly. I work in an open plan office and it gets really noisy, about 10 conversations all going on round you, from work related stuff to today's topic of painful periods and who is having the kids over Christmas!

I've also sadly brought work home & not claimed paid for it, I don't do it often but I'm part time and sometimes I get behind. I just do it for peace of my mind, no-one else's.

Hope you feel better soon, if it's a temporary thing fair enough but if it goes on and on ... think of your health - maybe time for a change?

H

hils78

We're coming up to a full moon this week end which will probably be contributing to the stress! If the moon can pull Oceans it sure can pull us >:(

I

ilovepiggies

I work for the North East Chamber of Commerce.

Things arent usually so bad but my line manager left and so the work got split between us until she is replaced and I had too much to do before I got extra. ?

I went for a walk yesterday and I did feel better I must try and start doing it again every day even if it is just ten mins.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.