• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

stupid question

Reaction score
so i plan on making like a super cage for my guinea pigs and i was wondering if i make a cage that big just for 3 guinea pigs will it like make them sad having a whole bunch of space but lots of that cage will be pretty empty at first but over time i plan on filling it so basically will they use the open space that dose not have much stuff in it and can any one give me any ideas on how to make or use something for them to burro in like if i were to get like a plastic box and make like 5 holes one on each side than one on top and then fill it with guinea pig bedding or hay do you think they will like it as a little hiddy and on that note is it safe to fill it with bedding or should i just use hay

No question is a stupid question, I’m sure they’d appreciate more space, all pigs do. As for the hidy, you could use a cardboard box instead; it’s probably easier to cut holes out of and I say fill it with hay, it’ll encourage them to eat more of it

A big empty space is perfect for popcorning and zoomies. :) Boxes filled with hay are piggies favourite toys in this house, once they've eaten enough of the hay they become perfect hidies to sleep in.

you can also line up fleece tunnels in different ways to create some kind of racing track experience and they will run and zig zag around and inside the tunnels and probably race without worrying about crashing into each other. I got 2 piggies but now they're 4 and I expanded the cage to plan something similar.

My guinea pigs love the open space for when they wanna run and get exercise

The more space you can give piggies the better. Mine like paper bags filled with hay but you have to chuck them after a day or so cos they get soaked in wee. @PigglePuggle gives hers treats in envelopes and they like those too.

Back