• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Success with giving medicine!

MichelleM

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Dibbler is on Baytril this week for a URI (poor little baby was having horrible sneezing fits). I've posted before about having difficulty giving his brother meds when he was sick last year, but Dibby was just such a good boy today I had to share about it! Ganon is the dominant one between them and is not shy about demanding his way (bless his bratty little heart ❤ ) and when I gave him meds I would have to hold him on his hind legs and practically force feed him the syringe.

Dibbler started off difficult, but the past few days as soon as I wrangled him he went ahead and bit the syringe. I wasn't sure if he was fighting it or deciding to get it over with for his treat, but hey, whatever gets the medicine in the piggie. Today I said heck with it and instead of picking him up, just offered him the syringe. He sniffed it twice, went "yeah, okay" and just bit down on it all by himself! No fuss at all! And he was very pleased with his carrot afterwards. He's on day 5 of a 10 day regime, so I'm hoping the next half of his meds goes just as easily. :luv:

Wow I wish my George was like that! He’s currently on baytril and we’re fighting with it twice a day 😭 Well done!

Wow Dibbler's a very good boy I wish Elvis had been like that when he was on Baytril and sulfatrim :mal: Good on you Dibbler keep it up!

What a good boy Dibbler is! Maybe he is one of the few piggies that actually likes Baytril? The Ever Beautiful Betsy likes Baytril too. There are a few very straaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaange piggies out there! 🤷‍♀️ 🤣

What a good boy Dibbler is! Maybe he is one of the few piggies that actually likes Baytril? The Ever Beautiful Betsy likes Baytril too. There are a few very straaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaange piggies out there! 🤷‍♀️ 🤣
Yes that's very true, my fuzz likes cat cruchies. I always say when I've seen her eating some, 'erm you're supposed to be a herbivore?'

Dibbler is a potato void that inhales all food offered to him. Even the chicken flavored Baytril our vet keeps giving us :vom: (I guess chicken flavor is the only one the office has "on tap.")

That’s such good news that he takes his medication so easily! It’s so stressful when they hate it. One of mine had a weeks course of baytril and teeth chattered at me and my partner for a good two months afterwards as he thought every time he heard our voices he was being given the dreaded medicine :)) :doh:

Streak broken, unfortunately. Dibby wasn't so accepting this morning, but he still bit it as soon as I held him, so at least he's somewhat consistent. :roll:

He is, however, officially 24+ hours sneeze-free for the first time in two weeks! And his nose crusties are completely gone so I know he's not holding them all in til I leave the room. :D😭 Maybe he's made the connection that the foul stuff mom's been feeding him is helping him get better.

Back