• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Sudden grooming

Zanzan

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My Pepper has always been very quiet and reserved and to be honest after three and a half years I have no idea who is the dominant sow, her or her sister Beatrice. They have always just bumbled around and got on fine with each other and Merry their Husboar. Out of the blue Pepper has started to wash the faces of Beatrice and Merry and they seem happy to sit there while she gives them a good going over. I don't hear any submissive squeaks while this is happening and after a while she or they will just wander off and do something else. I'm just curious as to why this has started now - has she suddenly decided to assert some domimace after all in her own gentle way or is it something to do with hormonal changes? I'm not concerned by it, I just find it all rather curious!
(Pepper is the brown potato in the middle) 20200525_003952.jpg

My Daisy grooms Violet like this (who is almost 8) - no squeaking and Violet lets her. I assume it is affection (doesn't seem like a dominance behaviour or hormones to me), but I'm not really sure 🤔 Hopefully someone can enlighten us both 🙃

Well then maybe after all this time she's just decided to say 'awww I love you guys' 🧡

Back