AmyP&M
Junior Guinea Pig
I noticed yesterday that my piggie Pippa was acting a little strange. I was letting them have some carpet time whilst I cleaned out their cage. I noticed Pippa was just sitting in one spot not doing much, which I thought was unusual as she'd normally be trotting around or chewing something! There cage is placed right against the wall so when I let them have floor time I pull it out so they they have access to the other side of the room. My other piggie had jumped into the cage once I finished cleaning their cage but she just stayed in the same spot so I pushed the cage back against the wall as that normally tells them its the end of floor time. She got very spooked and ran into the corner. Normally this wouldn't spook her and shes seen it happen many times. She tried running away from me when I went to calm her down. I put her back in her cage, she would normally go staright to the fresh hay but she just stood in the cage, and once I placed in their hidy house she ran straight into it. Shes also very sniffy and wide eyes constantly looking around. Shes not as bad today but still acting similarly. I had her in my bedroom and she was acting fine but when I put her down on the floor for her to run back to her cage she ran under my chair. This is very unusual behavior from her. She seems to have calmed down a bit now but I was wondering if anyone had any idea what could be causing this? No new changes has happened recently for her to be acting like this.
Last edited: